Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are a headlight extension needed if I'm putting a MS fat 21" shield on my C.? I see it in the DLP cat. Or is it mainly for the looks.:doorag:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Are a headlight extension needed if I'm putting a MS fat 21" shield on my C.? I see it in the DLP cat. Or is it mainly for the looks.:doorag:
Mostly for the looks. The headlight is alot of chrome to show, not hide behind the shield. Some need the extension to get a lightbar to fit.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
I have the 2" and it's perfect. The 3" is a little further out than I like, but it looks great too.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I am going to sell my 3" from Glen if you are looking for one.
I'm not sure if I need one. I don't have the 21" fat shield mounted yet. I don't plan on installing a lightbar. So if the headlight isn't recessed too far into the headlight opening when the windshield is on the bike. I think I might leave it alone. Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I have the 2" and it's perfect. The 3" is a little further out than I like, but it looks great too.
:agree: Sold my 3" and went to the 2" and the only reason I needed one at all was to push out the lightbar so the turn signals would clear my lowers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had previously installed a 2" extension, prior to getting my 21" MS Fats. If you are going with the 7" cutout on the Fats, I would definately go with an extension. If you are buying the Fats with a 9" cut out you should be fine. My 7" cutout JUST fit with the extension. It's nice and tight with about 1/4" gap at the top, and less on the sides. Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
'Rosa, I have the 21" with a 9" cutout on a C. NO PROBLEMS at all. Not sure 'bout a 7" cutout. To be honest the 7" with a headlight extention may work better. I have a couple inch gap between my shield and the top of the headlight.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
'Rosa, I have the 21" with a 9" cutout on a C. NO PROBLEMS at all. Not sure 'bout a 7" cutout. To be honest the 7" with a headlight extention may work better. I have a couple inch gap between my shield and the top of the headlight.
Yeah Smoke II. A local...:thumbup: I just measured the cutout, its 7". When I do the steering bearing mod. I will be installing the shield. If I need a extension, I have peices of billet aluminum 1/2" thick from my dragrace stuff. My sure I can make/fab one if needed. :b2b:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the 1300S with the switchblade setup and lowers, I added the Honda Light bar.
After reading countless posts I chose one of Glen's 3" extensions.
Hope these pictures help.
IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Can't say enough good things about Glen's parts!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 4" extension on my X that I made myself.
I am not happy with the looks it gives also I can't remove my Switchblade without loosining headlight now.
Gonna make a 2.5 inche extension this winter and change it out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I put a Fats on my C in the winter because it gives me more shield to hide behind. The only problem I had was that when I put my SoCal Slammer seat on the bike, I couldn't get the shield low enough so I could look over the top.
As I slid it down it hit the stock signals so I made cutouts in the shield so it goes down all the way and now it's fine. I don't have that problem with Ultimate seat because it sits higher.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts