Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a headlight modulator for my VTX1300R. What do es everyone think about them. If you have one which do you like.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Signal Dynamics Diamond Star

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/ ... r/dshm.asp

.....Now, you don't need that little switch. You just flip from high to low beam or vise versa within a second and you get different combinations of the pulse either on high beam only, low beam only, both, fast, slow or OFF.

I love mine......................twin

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
twin1300 said:

.....Now, you don't need that little switch. You just flip from high to low beam or vise versa within a second and you get different combinations of the pulse either on high beam only, low beam only, both, fast, or slow.

Hate to tell you but you are breaking the law. The modulators can only have one pulse rate. The one you have has a fix to correct the dual pulse rate. You really need to correct that to avoid a ticket in the future.

BTW, I know this because I have the same one and Custom Dynamics sent me the fix from Signal Dianamics a coup[le of years ago.

Tejas

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have the Kisan Pathblazer. http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=2

I wouldn't have a bike without one. It's saved my butt quite a few times. The taillight modulator is a must also.

The Kisan is easy to install, it's a module that plugs in between the headlight connector, and the headlight, then you run the photo sensor out the back of the headlight, and mount it to the side of the frame neck, or near there.

I don't ride with it on all the time, just when I'm in an area with a lot of side streets, and roads that lack turn arrows. I'll also run it when I'm cruising in the countryside, just because there are a lot of hidden drives obscured by tall grass around here, so I can't always see them coming. I've had a lot of folks almost blow through their stop sign, until my modulated headlight caught their attention.

Don't think that everyone will stop though, even if they see the pulsing light, some folks just don't care, and would just as soon plow through you than stop.

-S

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
2wheelsforme said:
MoBiker said:
Thinking of getting a headlight modulator for my VTX1300R. What do es everyone think about them. If you have one which do you like.

I can't stand the things. :x
They definitely take time to get used too. Smokin-Joe has one that he turns off when riding in the back of the group of riders. 8)

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
2wheelsforme said:
MoBiker said:

I can't stand the things. :x
Definitely a good way to be seen...

...as a nerd.

:lol:

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Tejas_Ranger said:
twin1300 said:

.....Now, you don't need that little switch. You just flip from high to low beam or vise versa within a second and you get different combinations of the pulse either on high beam only, low beam only, both, fast, or slow.

Hate to tell you but you are breaking the law. The modulators can only have one pulse rate. The one you have has a fix to correct the dual pulse rate. You really need to correct that to avoid a ticket in the future.

BTW, I know this because I have the same one and Custom Dynamics sent me the fix from Signal Dianamics a coup[le of years ago.

Tejas

I think the one that you are taking about would pulse at nite for 3 seconds if you hit the horn....that one was deemed illegal.....that's the one they sent the fix for...I had that one on my old bike. If I'm wrong...my badd.

I will go and look into it.

The one I am talking about is on my new bike and just got in 6 months ago.

..................twin

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
They get my attention but, these headlights dance around so much anyway, it may not be necessary. Maybe a live nerd is better than a dead nerd? Guess it depends on the nerd.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
It came up for me "BigVTXMan"...both of them.

And I'm with "Big Jon" also.......better to be a live "nerd" to ride another day than be a "cool" statistic. JMHO It works for me and that's good enough.

...........................twin

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
twin1300 said:
Tejas_Ranger said:
twin1300 said:

Tejas

I think the one that you are taking about would pulse at nite for 3 seconds if you hit the horn....that one was deemed illegal.....that's the one they sent the fix for...I had that one on my old bike. If I'm wrong...my badd.

I will go and look into it.

The one I am talking about is on my new bike and just got in 6 months ago.

..................twin

The horn part was a a seperate fix for it. The dual pulse rate was another fix.

Tejas

·
Registered
378 Posts
I installed the modulator by Comagination. http://www.comagination.com/
Took all of about 15 minutes to install and works great. I changed the light bulb at the same time to a Sylvania Silver Star. I've had people pull out from driveways, and suddenly hit their brakes because they saw me, and I even had one person in front of me pull over...guess he thought I was a motorcycle cop or something! It does get their attention, and the legal range is 240 blinks per minute, which this modulator is compliant with.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Absolutely the number one safety mod that you can do is to buy and install a modulator. It has eliminated the left turners for both me and my wife on our bikes. (at night it turns off so beware)

If you value your life...... buy a modulator.

R. Todd

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
I hate them. Don't ride around me with one on or I may steal, break, or render your bulb useless. :D

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
X'N said:
I hate them. Don't ride around me with one on or I may steal, break, or render your bulb useless. :D
a classic case of road rage.... someone needs a hug :lol: or anger management :lol:

too fuuny bro :lol:

·
Registered
462 Posts
X'N said:
It appears the modulators get your attention so I just ordered a Kisan brand modulator :idea: .
Also some extra bulbs :a13: .
Just kidding about the bulbs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.