Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a '09 VTX 1300R with a fairing. I am not sure what brand the fairing is. There is a large gap between the headlight and the fairing. Does anyone know where I can get a headlight relocation kit? Any help is much appreciated!

Lizard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Glenn's vtx has them in 2,3 and 4 inch lengths. I have a used 3 inch one that I would be willing to sell. Btw they move the headlight forward. Up and down should be adjusted by the fairing adjustment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, so I am new to fairings. Where on the fairing can you make adjustments? Also, how much are you asking for the headlight extension? Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The adjustment on the fairing depends on the fairing. I would needs to see how yours is mounted to help you there. I will get you a pic of the headlight extension so you can see it then we can figure out how much. I can tell you though they are not much, new or used.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
To move the headlight up, you can use washers or spacers under the headlight mount. Or, Woody's makes a headlight spacer that is very nice.

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
I recently purchased a '09 VTX 1300R with a fairing. I am not sure what brand the fairing is. There is a large gap between the headlight and the fairing. Does anyone know where I can get a headlight relocation kit? Any help is much appreciated!

Lizard
Looks like a Woodys fairing (to tell, there should be three bands that wrap each fork tube). It should be lowered, that fairing is mounted as high as I've ever seen. If you lower the fairing a bit on the forks that will help most of your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts