Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1800F Spec 2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of changing out all the handles, s. cylinders, and switch controls with chrome ones. I was also wanting to replace the headlight with a LED (complete bulb housing) is there a plug and play out there? I seen the one for "F" models but you cant adjust it or anything, I am trying to keep adjustment and all. And anything I should be watching for on swapping the switches and all? Thanks again you all are the best.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Keep the bucket and swap out the guts for a VTX_Daymaker. NOT a HD Daymaker, but a VTX specific Daymaker.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1800F Spec 2
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Keep the bucket and swap out the guts for a VTX_Daymaker. NOT a HD Daymaker, but a VTX specific Daymaker.
I seen that one, doesnt fit the "F" series brackets, the one that does is $159 but all the reviews say no way to adjust them. Might have to bite the bullet.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Honda & Yamaha | Adjustable Daymaker Brakets & Kits They make an adjustable bracket that will fit any of the daymaker lights for the F model headlight bucket. I have one on my bike. It only aims up and down... thats all you need.
I got the B model Daymaker w/ adjustable bracket. It would not center side to side. I finally ended up putting 3- #8 I think flat washers for shims under the right side screw to get it in the middle.

Reactions: DrDolittle
1 - 5 of 5 Posts