Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX1800C
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm guessing that this has been covered before but I'm new here so I thought I would ask. I am wondering if any of you have swapped your stock headlight out for the Eagle lights generation 3 LED headlight with halo ring on a vtx1800c? Is it a true plug and play or are there modifications that have to be done? Thinking about going this way as my stock headlight is absolutely horrible.

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
I’m no help....I like the headlight....good luck on your choice....

Reactions: VTX NEWBIE

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
Since the Daymaker bulb came out it has been a favorite.
There are several variations.
The original HL bracket was not adjustable. Eagle still uses it.
Many VTX owners have gone to https://www.vtxdaymaker dot com/

Near the top "Search community" input "Daymaker" for more info
2015 HD Daymaker were $400. Others places $200.
2018 Danow made his own bracket.
July 2018 I began making a bracket.
The non-adjustable then later a different version.
Sunpie Daymaker, was under $50 then (Amazon).
Now they are using some of the OEM headlight adjustment ring with new
lamp clamp.

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Daymaker all day. And www.vtxdaymaker.com with the adjustable bracket is the way to go. A badly aimed Daymaker will look brighter than stock, same with an LED in the halogen reflector, but when it actually comes to USABLE light, you need it properly aimed. An LED bulb in a halogen reflector does not put out much more usable light than a halogen bulb because the light is not focused correctly. A daymaker is an LED inside of a projector housing, which focuses the light pattern in a useable way.

Just because light output is more, does not mean it is actually better. I never put LEDs in halogen housings, it is easy to fool yourself into thinking it is better because you see more light, but it is not actually putting out more light where it needs to be, and if it is, it isn't much more than halogen.

The only thing better than a daymaker is a retrofitted projector HID. But when it comes to cost, I personally do not think the slight benefit is worth the cost and added hardware that has to be mounted.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Daymaker all day. And www.vtxdaymaker.com with the adjustable bracket is the way to go. A badly aimed Daymaker will look brighter than stock, same with an LED in the halogen reflector, but when it actually comes to USABLE light, you need it properly aimed. An LED bulb in a halogen reflector does not put out much more usable light than a halogen bulb because the light is not focused correctly. A daymaker is an LED inside of a projector housing, which focuses the light pattern in a useable way.

Just because light output is more, does not mean it is actually better. I never put LEDs in halogen housings, it is easy to fool yourself into thinking it is better because you see more light, but it is not actually putting out more light where it needs to be, and if it is, it isn't much more than halogen.

The only thing better than a daymaker is a retrofitted projector HID. But when it comes to cost, I personally do not think the slight benefit is worth the cost and added hardware that has to be mounted.

Yup same issue with the monkeys that put cheap ass ebay HID lights in their car halogen reflectors,. Blinding light scattered everywhere. It isn’t “brighter” or better, its scattered, blinding, and annoying to all other drivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts