Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
:bump:

Thanks for putting this mod out there!

I just finished doing it, and am pleased with the results...no more shifter-toe!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
eXe said:
:bump:

Thanks for putting this mod out there!

I just finished doing it, and am pleased with the results...no more shifter-toe!

:mrgreen:

Thanks for the plug man... makes me feel good knowing someone else out there hates "shifter toe" on their good riding boots :lol: . And even with the new $7.50 handling charge for orders under $200.00... It's still less than $50.00. :mrgreen:

8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pure genius man! I'm so tired of shifter toe and hesitate on spending $350 for H/T-Floorboard combo.
Anyone like to post a link for the best/cheapest floorboards to use with this mod.
RoadDawg, any word on the stirrups?
Much appreciated!

BTW.
HDL.com had a 4% price increase between 4-08 and 12-08

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are correct, I ordered the parts from HDL for less than $50. including shipping.:thumbup:
Will let you know how the conversion goes.:tools:

·
Registered
127 Posts
i called two honda dealers in my area they said i would have to buy the complte floor board with shifter so i dont no where you come up with 50.00 in parts maybe can give out the part number then i can give the number to the stealer

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
i called two honda dealers in my area they said i would have to buy the complte floor board with shifter so i dont no where you come up with 50.00 in parts maybe can give out the part number then i can give the number to the stealer
I don't know why they would tell you that. The parts are listed separately. When I changed my 1800 c foot pegs to the 1800 retro floor boards I had to look up each part and order them separately (one order of course)
dd

·
Registered
127 Posts
i went to hdl and put in that part number,nothing come up :dontknow: can someone put a link to hdl. maybe im just stupid thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
nc2mtu99, Thanks for the plug man... I am glad there are still people that are able to use this idea... Enjoy.

8)

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
Just ordered the parts myself. $47.95 shipped. Will be using it with my MC Enterprises floor board setup. Not real happy with their shift linkage. Rubber pieces are kind of funky looking. Stock will look much better and I won't have to mod mine. Otherwise MCE piece is VERY nice.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Just ordered the parts myself. $47.95 shipped. Will be using it with my MC Enterprises floor board setup. Not real happy with their shift linkage. Rubber pieces are kind of funky looking. Stock will look much better and I won't have to mod mine. Otherwise MCE piece is VERY nice.
Pics of your current setup?

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
This is the R side. To see see shifter side; flip photo in your head and add shifter, remove whippit. :lol:
Sorry but don't have L side photo currently.

21 - 40 of 142 Posts