Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a 1300C. Will I have to add that aluminum can "sleeve?" or are the parts the same on the 1300's?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a 1300C. Will I have to add that aluminum can "sleeve?" or are the parts the same on the 1300's?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
:dontknow:Sorry but since I don't have experience with the change for the 1300C to a HT shift, I can not answer that question with any degree of certainty.

Maybe some one else can contribute?

8)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Parts guys at most Honda shops are idiots and I wouldn't take their word for the availability of a part. Case in point is this perfect example of the dealer saying you cannot purchase the heal/toe shifter alone. I worked at a Honda dealership and used to listen to MISINFORMATION being given out regularly. Nice write up BTW.:thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Use with Cobra floorboards ?

This may have already been covered, but can this shifter be used with Cobra Swept floorboards on the 1800C ?
Thanks
sgtbush207

·
Registered
173 Posts
I dug this post up searching heel toe shift. This is the way I want to shift.

I just ordered the parts from Honda Direct Line Parts just by cut and pasting your part numbers. Thanks for the post. I'll update when I get the parts shipped, then installed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bump...

Thanks for the post. I was able to get my parts from HDL and the hardware stores and it went smooth.

One minor issue with the Cobra Swept Floorboards. I had to add a lock washer between the shifter and brackets and needed to bend the shifter a little so it would clear the bracket. With the floorbards, there is little to zero adjustability up or down.

It works awesome and looks great. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still Total: $46.73 1

Wow, Here it is August 2010. I just placed an order for the parts with shipping its still under $50. What I cant believe is it took me this long to find your post!
Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry, maybe the answer is in all the replies. Ill this work for an 03 vtx 1800c? If so I'm going for it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
Sorry, maybe the answer is in all the replies. Ill this work for an 03 vtx 1800c? If so I'm going for it. Thanks!!
Yes it will - have it on my 04 C and am very happy with it. Only change I'd do is using a piece of shim stock or feeler gauge instead of the pop can shim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:agree:
Awesome upgrade! As of August 2010 Its still less than $50.00.
I however had to go on line to get the #93 O rings.
My local Ace, Lowes, HomeDepot all said "special order"
So, I got them from Amazon and I had to buy a 5 pack.

Great instructions! I just cleaned up and am taking the bike down off the lift and going for road test!

(I wish I had found this post 6 years ago when I bough my bike.)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
wonder if roller bearings could be used for the install?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
wonder if roller bearings could be used for the install?
It is quite possible that you may find rollers in just the right length and diameter but... I do not know of any that would work.

Hmmmm... :dontknow: Maybe the roller bearings from the top of a stock F model shock :dontknow:. Hey it may be worth a try.

But I did this mod a LOOOOOOONG time ago and it STILL is one of my favorites. Oh, and the shifter has never needed re-greasing as the O-rings have done their job flawlessly.

Thanks again for the props everyone and, It feels good that I could help. nojoke

8)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Does anyone know if this mod will work for a 1300C? I know someone asked before but wasnt sure if the answer was still no.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The frame for the 1300C is different from the 1800C. So I am going to guess NO... But that does not preclude the attempt if you are so inclined to try. I was not sure before I did it... I just got a while hair and decided to go for it.

8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK with Padalin ??

I just had a set of National Cycle Padadin highway(crash) bars installed. Would this heel toe shifter mod still work out OK?? Also thinking about either adding Cobra swept floorboards or the Rivcos which are 8"x5". Do some riders use the heel toe setup with stock pegs (non floorboards)? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
I just had a set of National Cycle Padadin highway(crash) bars installed. Would this heel toe shifter mod still work out OK?? Also thinking about either adding Cobra swept floorboards or the Rivcos which are 8"x5". Do some riders use the heel toe setup with stock pegs (non floorboards)? Thanks, Chris
MCE boards and crash bar on my 1800 C

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will it work

Read the whole post, want to do this mod is there any way this will work on an 05 F?

41 - 60 of 142 Posts