Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a neighbor are meeting up with a few of his friends
in Greenville SC in the morning to ride to Helen Ga.

I am just going for the ride I have never be to Helen Ga.
So I was just wondering is there anything special about
Helen Ga. for bikers.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ralph, my husband and a few friend and Ispent the night there a few weeks ago. It is a very motorcycle friendly town. There are are few gear stores, you will see lots of bikes riding aroubd. Great roads through the area (if you get to do the Unicoi Turnpike north towards the state line, do it! I'm dying to go back and ride up there again!!)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Like Trixie said Helen is kind of a meeting spot for N. GA motorcyclists. Just on the north end of town you will see lots of bikes parked (free) along the street at a place called Hans' - good biker friendly sandwich stop. Right in the middle of town on the east (?) side of the street there are two biker gear shops. Das Ist Leather and Chattahoochee Biker Gear. Both are very friendly and have some good leathers, etc. FREE PARKING FOR BIKES around back (but not in the hotel parking lot). If you are gonna be spending a night or two, then try searching the GA Forum for Helen and you should find several recommended rides. There are a lot of great roads/rides in the area and if you are doing a day trip I would especially encourage you to use some of the mountain highways rather than the interstate for your journey.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a great ride 300+ miles round trip from
Union SC . to Helen Ga. Very nice place.

Stayed over-cast all day. Only got a few drops of rain all day.
Got to eat lunch and watch people float down
the river. I am a little tired. Left the house at 7:30AM
got back about 7:30PM

Sorry I did not get to take pictures

Here is a link
http://www.helengeorgia.com/main.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts