Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

New to the VTX world after wanting 1 for since they first came out. Just purchased an 02 1800-R. :D Havn't ridden it yet except the test drive and then brought it home. It wont be legally registered until tomorrow!

Seems like a great group of peeps here at VTXOA and glad to see there is a special section for the different regions.

Anyone from the Cleveland area? I'm in Brook Park near Cleveland Hopkins airport.

VBTAZ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I am from Brook Park have a 2003 1800c Illusion blue. I ride when I can. My son has a 2004 1300c black. See you soon
:vtx18: :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow very cool. We'll have to make sure and hook up. I have a couple grown kids as well and a 13 year old still at home (of course!).

I'm on Smith Road between Sylvia and Holland across from Redeemer Church.

Small world........Big Bikes! :D

C-ya FarRider

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to the club Taz. Im in North Olmsted. I ride a 2004 Titanium Flame 1800C. Maybe we can get together for a ride somtime soon.

Erik-

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm on Greene dr. workin alot, ride when I can usually with my boy.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Titanium. We'll all hook up sometime, sounds like a plan.

I know I've seen Greene, but can't recall exactly where it's at FarRider. I hate how that work thing that messes with my free time! I work very long hours during the week, but usually have my weekends free anyway!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Between Sylvia and Fayette east side I believe :vtx18: :D

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Check out our Ohio X-Riders site link, http://www.ohioxriders.com/ there's some of us from around your area and surrounding who ride every weekend somewhere. Check out the "Rides and Events" section for info.

Take your time getting used to the new bike and ride at your own pace, it may seem a bit intimadating at first with it's size and power but it soon becomes small, fast, and nimble.

Also be warned!
This bike causes emotional changes to the face called a "smile" and cannot be removed while operating. :wink:

Don

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Don.

Yepper, baby steps for sure. Not ready for any group rides yet, but I'll get there eventually I'm sure. I'll be sure to check out the ohioxriders site.

If any of you know of anyone looking for a bike, I have a really sharp 99 1100 Ace for sale. Need to get it sold so I can start puttin on some extra's on the VTX!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm from Elyria, But I work at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. I ride a 2005 1800F. Gonna try and ride this weekend.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BlackHawk68 said:
I'm from Elyria, But I work at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. I ride a 2005 1800F. Gonna try and ride this weekend.
Sweet BlackHawk. We'll have to meet up sometime. Just getting used to the bike so not quite ready for any long rides just yet. It's good to see so many from our general area on this forum! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Glad I'm not the only newbie here, just picked up a 2002 1800S. I live in the North Ridgeville area and will be watching for any open events that I can participate in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
anybody riding Saturday morning?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My son has his 13th birthday party here on Saturday so I don't know if the wife will let me break free. Even if, the forecast isn't looking too promising. There's an 80% change of "no ride" in the forecast. I am really wanting to meet up with everyone from around the area though, hopefully very soon!

What area of Ridgville ya in Mitch? Until recently I was drummer (12 years) for a band that practiced in the area off Lear known as "the swamp" to some. I still ride out that way about once a month on Sat afternoons to hear them jam and sit on on a song or 2. We'll have to hook up one saturday and pay em a visit!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
C-Bomb said:
My son has his 13th birthday party here on Saturday so I don't know if the wife will let me break free. Even if, the forecast isn't looking too promising. There's an 80% change of "no ride" in the forecast. I am really wanting to meet up with everyone from around the area though, hopefully very soon!

What area of Ridgville ya in Mitch? Until recently I was drummer (12 years) for a band that practiced in the area off Lear known as "the swamp" to some. I still ride out that way about once a month on Sat afternoons to hear them jam and sit on on a song or 2. We'll have to hook up one saturday and pay em a visit!
You want to ride, you can't ride, I'm getting confused now?? :?:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DonG said:
C-Bomb said:

You want to ride, you can't ride, I'm getting confused now?? :?:
Let me clarify Don......Yes, I want to ride but I'm afraid I can't this Saturday. :cry:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I want to ride.

·
Registered
162 Posts
DonG said:
TitaniumVTX said:
I want to ride.
I'm good on Sat until 4, I have a wedding to go to.
Lets ride in the morning; weather permitting. Name the time and place. Im in North Olmsted.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts