Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. I’m from Canada and I’m new here and new to VTXs and big bikes in general. Tinkered with small bikes as a kid till I was 16 then strayed away because of many reasons and have been trying to get back for more than 15 years.
Finally did it and bought an 02 VTX 1800… end-ish of season here in Canada but still hoping I have a few more weeks of riding

·
Super Moderator
7,092 Posts
Welcome. Take your time getting to know your new bike. Learn to ride it slowly before you go for speed. Do a lot of reading and it never hurts to take a foundations class.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. A great knowledge base here, all questions answered. Many of your fellow countrymen are members. Western Canada is on my bucket list.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Texas!
Agree with others, it will take some getting used to these big boys.
And don't forget to post some pictures, we are suckers for pictures!

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Welcome from Calgary

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey all.. I’m from Canada and I’m new here and new to VTXs and big bikes in general. Tinkered with small bikes as a kid till I was 16 then strayed away because of many reasons and have been trying to get back for more than 15 years.
Finally did it and bought an 02 VTX 1800… end-ish of season here in Canada but still hoping I have a few more weeks of riding
Come to B.C. :) It never freezes here.
Maybe in the Lower Mainland but in the interior...Anyway, welcome from the chilly side of BC. Like you I'm on a '02 1800, great ride, you'll love yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcoming messages… I’m currently in Calgary but moving east to southern Ontario in the near future…
I’m taking it easy with the bike and kinda getting to know each other better… trying to ride as much as possible both in the city and on the highway… focusing on slow speed manoeuvring in the near future as much as I can as I think it gets me to understand my limits in a safer way.
I’m no speed demon of any sort and speed isn’t my thing… I’m more into the chill & go places type of guy… long hauls are on the list a little bit down the line… I’m away now but I’ll post pix in a week when I’m back in town

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
Look up Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers, great riding group with Chapters all across Canada. I joined when I was looking for some folks to ride with, some great people, I stuck around and am now the 1st Officer for our Chapter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look up Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers, great riding group with Chapters all across Canada. I joined when I was looking for some folks to ride with, some great people, I stuck around and am now the 1st Officer for our Chapter.
Wow… thanks a lot smurfy!
Is this a group on this forum or just independent on the web with their own website?

🙏 thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Dimos
What a great ride the VTX is ! I'm down on the east coast @ ns/nb border.
When sniffing around the new to me bike, i noticed someone already had an 12v SAE connector under the shift side /side panel. Perfect location for the heated gear when the sun is setting on the cooler late fall days in our future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Dimos
What a great ride the VTX is ! I'm down on the east coast @ ns/nb border.
When sniffing around the new to me bike, i noticed someone already had an 12v SAE connector under the shift side /side panel. Perfect location for the heated gear when the sun is setting on the cooler late fall days in our future.
Heyyy… pleased to meet you east coaster 😄

do these actually work? I’ve tried some heated hunting gear in the past but found it not practical…either too bulky or not warm enough or both… never seen or tried motorcycle heated gear before… but I need an aux power outlet anyway… the area where you have the outlet is where mine has the trickle charger connector

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had good luck with heated gear but.. should of mentioned that i am using a small remote dual controller box {called heat troller i think } from a manufacturer called warm and safe to send the power to the Gears Canada clothing {heated jacket liner with plugs in sleeves for heated glove liners which i also use} The jacket has a heater collar which could almost be a stand alone item lol.
The glove liners.. would burn my hands if i didnt attend to the controller setting . I am not sure what the G C controller is like.... but with the controller aforementioned i am pleased with the set up.

Thanks for the battery tender mention..!
i will have to check the polarity of the out let to make sure the plug polarity is correct to send power and not receive it,

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
I picked up a heated vest last year, I have to wonder why I didn't get one years ago......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts