Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbor of mine bought 2 bikes, one a 99 shadow aero 1200 (I think) and the other a 2003 VTX 1800. She got them for cheap because they had been sitting in her friends garage for 6 years.

Jump forward several months, I agreed to get the 1800 road worthy so she could sell it and I would get the shadow for what she paid for it.

Well I finished the tank (had dents) and was putting it back on. The electrical connection for the fuel pump, the main fuel line and the return line were obvious.

There is a little vacuum line or it looks like it that is coming out of the tank also. I don't see it on any diagram I've found on the internet but it lead me here!

I'll post in the tech section too just wanted to say hi :)

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
A neighbor of mine bought 2 bikes, one a 99 shadow aero 1200 (I think) and the other a 2003 VTX 1800. She got them for cheap because they had been sitting in her friends garage for 6 years.

Jump forward several months, I agreed to get the 1800 road worthy so she could sell it and I would get the shadow for what she paid for it.

Well I finished the tank (had dents) and was putting it back on. The electrical connection for the fuel pump, the main fuel line and the return line were obvious.

There is a little vacuum line or it looks like it that is coming out of the tank also. I don't see it on any diagram I've found on the internet but it lead me here!

I'll post in the tech section too just wanted to say hi :)
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. Your Shadow is an 1100, not a 1200.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If the line in question is at the right rear of the tank it is an overflow/vent line. it just goes down thru the frame and dumps to the ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting a vacuum line. I took a close look at about everything in the intake zone and there didn't seem to be any open things.
It's actually in the left front right in front of where the fuel pump assembly bolts in.

Didn't want to fire it up till I knew for sure. New battery, it cranks but I didn't let it turn over a bunch just verifying my battery I bought new for an old GL500 I owned and never rode would crank this beast. Oil changed, filter, a few quarts of petro and hopefully it runs.

Thank you.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
1800 Vent pipe hose on the front, goes to a "T", one hose stays on top.
the other hose goes down to bottom of engine..
If low hose gets blocked, upper hose provides vent..

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts