Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Mambo from Spain, I've been reading this forum for a while, I'm the proud owner of a 04 1800C that I bought with 20k miles 5 years ago.
Right now is 45k miles in the speedo and still love it, however in Spain it's slightly different than in the US and with this mileage I started to think in change it for a Victory, a Yamaha roadliner or even a newer Vtx.
I would like to know your opinion about change my bike (that runs great).

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
993 Posts
Welcome.

45K is nothing on these bikes. I’m not sure what Spain bs USA has to do with replacing the bike, but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
Hello Mambo, welcome to the VTXOA.
I guess the resale is better at 45k miles versus above 50k miles. Your 04 1800C is a first generation 1800. 2005 1800C is a second generation. A different ECM, more ground connections. No Fuel Pressure Regulator, fuel pump is external. My brother in law (2005 1800F) and I went 162 miles on a tank, one leg of our ride from Texas. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Bienvenidos! Keep it! It's just broken in.

Reactions: pushrod

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, yes It's a first generation, everything seems to be OK, runs good, however I've noticed that with the Vance and Hines exhaust and K&N filter has a lack of gasoline that should be easily fixed with an external ECU to make the air/fuel richer

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Are odometers in miles or kilometers in Spain ? just curious. I also have a 1st gen. 1800R with 45k miles. I have the Vance & Hines exhaust and K & N air like yours. I used to have a fuel manager on mine before it quit working, a power commander III and it did help, a little more power and it ran a little smoother. It also burned more fuel naturally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are odometers in miles or kilometers in Spain ? just curious. I also have a 1st gen. 1800R with 45k miles. I have the Vance & Hines exhaust and K & N air like yours. I used to have a fuel manager on mine before it quit working, a power commander III and it did help, a little more power and it ran a little smoother. It also burned more fuel naturally.
Mine is in Km, so it's 73k km or 45k miles, that's what I think I must do, connect a fuel manager... Just because I think it's gonna ride smoother and that will stop the bangs when you twist just a bit the accelerator. And always is better to have a richer mixture

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hola, Mambo!
Great to have you onboard.

You are right, with mods which open up the airflow, you need to compensate by adding fuel. A PowerCommander is usually the way to go. Or some simply bump the fuel pressure with an aftermarket FPR. (which is not ideal but at least simple)

Got any pictures with your bike in Spain? I bet you have some great ones!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts