Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a 2005 1300s this spring and am currently making it mine. Fixed the fan ground issue, did the pair mod, and am currently trying to figure out to fix a broken passenger peg issue.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
Hello Dennis, welcome to the VTXOA. Looks like someone cut off the peg holder. Search (google) for a peg with bracket that you can bolt on. The part on the frame has a small hole in it already. Another choice is to make a bracket and bolt it on so it works like the original or have it welded on. 1" x 1" x 1". Worst case you drill the hole for a 3/8" bolt and cover the bolt with a hose or the OEM rubber piece.

·
Old Goat
25,406 Posts
Welcome...(y)(y)

Reactions: darksabbat

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome, from corning NY. ill second skant153's sentiment. always looking for riding buddies.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
:)
peg1.JPG

Get a piece of U channel or square tube, shape it, weld it on.

If you were next door this would take me 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Welcome, Dennis!
It seems like Hans already provided great feedback to your problem.
Let us know how it turns out. Should be an easy fix. (I know that is relative, though)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Dennis, welcome to the VTXOA. Looks like someone cut off the peg holder. Search (google) for a peg with bracket that you can bolt on. The part on the frame has a small hole in it already. Another choice is to make a bracket and bolt it on so it works like the original or have it welded on. 1" x 1" x 1". Worst case you drill the hole for a 3/8" bolt and cover the bolt with a hose or the OEM rubber piece.
It came off when riding i am guessing crap weld job or damage from being down. Thank for the advise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since you're close, I've got a welder if needed.
Sweet, i will look into getting the u channel, i have a hobby welder i picked up for messing around with but havent gotten to it do to other projects, my klr needs a new head, my 82 kawasaki needs a rebuild etc etc.

Dennis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome, I'm out in Buffalo area. Enjoy your X!

Reactions: darksabbat

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Welcome to the board from Freedom, NY

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Freedom, and NY, sounds like an oxymoron. Sorry. From the land of taxes and Der WOLF-enator, just south of you.

Reactions: skant153

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
You're right, it does sound like an oxymoron, but out here in these sticks we don't give a rip for emperor cuomo. Its a world away from city. Self sufficiency and vast farmland surrounding us. Closest city is Buffalo about an hour north, we'll go there if necessary but its not often. Big outdoors, on a dead end rd...a home in the woods and as red as it gets. Newbies can aquire a concealed carry in under a week. Defiant to the eastern portion of the state for sure. It's also the buckle of the snowbelt. Hunting is fantastic too. Deer, turkey, eastern coyote, etc. So for many of us, it's much more good, than bad. A real taste of freedom.

Reactions: pushrod
1 - 19 of 19 Posts