Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding partner and I have been going round and round over the acceptability of wearing a helmet with graphics while riding a cruiser. Seems we always see the sportbike riders with the wild helmets and we cruiser types (well, at least us) seem to usually be wearing black. In light of the fact that we are targets for cagers and hard to see anyway, I think having a helmet with some graphics or brighter colors might be another way to be seen. She thinks it would look weird to be wearing a helmet with graphics on a cruiser......but I say who cares if it might possibly help save your life!

The helmets are not an option but a law in our state, plus we wouldn't ride without one anyway....

Just wanted to know what the rest of you wear.... solids or graphics?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Both. I wear a solid color reflective silver full facer in colder weather/rain or on long trip rides on the Interstate, and a flag graphiced shorty helmet around town or on shorter putts. I like the better vision of the shorty but the full face is nice for hittin bugs at 70 mph! But I bought both with my visibility in mind. 8)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine is solid white, mostly for good visibility, but it is also a LOT cooler in the warm months. White also goes with any other colors.

_____

Red 04 C.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I wear a ff graphic helmet. I used to wear a solid colored one, but I really like the look of the graphic helmet. BTW, I don't have the wild graphics, just a few color shifts and simple graphics. I love it!

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Helmets

I have a full-face I use in the winter that you would likely see with a sport biker - RED, white, silver & black, then I have a "chrome-dome" shorty helmet for warmer weather.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My wife and I both wear solid color helmets. Mine metallic gray, her's black.
I just bought a Shoei RF1000 helmet, not the best style helmet for a cruiser but it fit perfect and is extremely comfortable. Fit over fashion.

G

·
0 Posts
Flat black shorty, gloss black half, and gloss black full face.

I have been looking for one with some kind if graphic/picture. I haven't seen one that I liked enough yet.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm a pretty dull normal dresser. I think though helmets should be flashy.
I have a tribal HJC.

I think most folk think it a bit much but screw `em It's on my noggin

AND all the girls say, "Nice Helmet." But that's as far as it goes. :roll:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Solid color with many stickers

·
Registered
465 Posts
I bought a white one but that was just so I could have it painted to match my new colors on my bike. It should be ready this next week. Right now I wear one with graphics.

·
Registered
385 Posts
SOLID

Have a full face solid black HJC helmet with black reflective flame decals on it for a nice black on black look but a little shine off cager headlights at night.

A matte black shorty for tooling around the neighborhood.

But...buy whatever you like. Who gives a rat's hindquarters what everyone else wants if it is not what you like. Just please shy away from the Power Ranger matching helmet and full leather bodysuit sport look while riding a retro. I would hate to be the jerk who gave you grief :lol:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have two solid red helmets for my Retro because my bike is Red , Red , RED. The fastest color around. :lol: :) :lol:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I've got a few helmets,one just blace,but the others have graphics.I like my Icon burner the most,It fits the best,plus the graphice look cool.I've often wondered this too about other cruisers.Most i see wear a half helmet with sunglasses,or goggles.I have a half helmet,but a truck full of grain blew past me,and i hav'nt worn it since.It seems the only people who give me unuausl looks,are those damn harley people.Though it's so hard for them to see,when they have their noses so high up in the air.Wear what you want,and be proud.Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a Fulmer Red Shaman full face and red tinted shield when I bought my VTX. I say if ya don't like it don't look at it. Ride and wear what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I've got a solid Metallic silver HJC Sy-Max which is great for cruising. But I also have a Shoei XSP-II which has graphics from my Hayabusa days-its a heck of alot quieter and is great for long rides on the highway. My wife has a solid XSP-II. Personally it al up to the rider, but I understand your delimma. When I bought my VTX, my first cruiser, I wondered how I would look wearing a graphic helmet. Finally I decided screw it I'll wear whatever I feel like :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts