Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea on what is the best out there when it comes to the HELMET QUICK RELEASE BUCKLE ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My AGV helmet came with one already on it, and i tell you if you havent ridden with one, you might want to try one before you buy it.
I dont like mine, i wish my AGV had the standard d ring way vs the quickrelease.

But to answer your question. I saw one in the J P cycle catalog.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Basically you want a DOT or Snell approved metal to metal release. There are a few different ones out there. Most of your MC and helmet sites should have some sort of them.
I sell some from Daytona Helmets that are metal to metal. The only difference between these and the others is that they come with a few interchangable lock bodies. Flames,skull,rose & iron cross i think.
I've got a few dozen more coming next week. $9.95 shipped for VTXOA folks

SiC

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Make sure that whomever you buy them from, they are metal to metal like the one's above.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey sic,
Those look nice, i might be interested.
Do they cut into the skin at all while riding at high speeds?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
pbsmoker said:
Hey sic,
Those look nice, i might be interested.
Do they cut into the skin at all while riding at high speeds?

Haven't had a problem with that. I did once snap it on and catch my beard in it ..That didn't feel to good... :lol:

SiC

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
SicTexVTX said:
Basically you want a DOT or Snell approved metal to metal release. There are a few different ones out there. Most of your MC and helmet sites should have some sort of them.
I sell some from Daytona Helmets that are metal to metal. The only difference between these and the others is that they come with a few interchangable lock bodies. Flames,skull,rose & iron cross i think.

SiC

I'll take 2 with the Malteze crosses on them. Let me know when you get them.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I put one on my helmet. I liked it just fine. It took the pain out of getting the strap to tight or to loose and taking gloves off to get strap hooked.
I had to sew the end of the strap along to the rest of the strap to keep it in place once i got it where I wanted it.( it moved ) 8)
My girl had one on hers thank god ! She was so silly when it came to buckeling hers. It was cute, I had to unbuckle hers at every stop. It became known, when she got off she waited for me to put down the stand then she would step up with chin in the air, I knew what to do !!!

I miss it. :roll:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've been sewing velcro on my helmet straps for the last 20 years quick to buckle,quick to release and you can adjust the strap one handed going down the road.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
SicTexVTX said:

SiC

going to be ordering a full face from you soon for the girlfriend...any tricks to get a good fit on one thru the net ?..dont want to play exchange with ya ...LOL

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Mine hunts my chin after riding all day. It was bugging me while riding at 70mph, went to move it around a little and it came unsnapped. It shot up an the air like a rocket. :shock:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey SicTex
Are those available on the C.M.A. Web store???????
If not i will take a Malt.X one..............
PM me here please.
Jesse

C.M.A. Kings Ambassors....Hillsboro, Oregon
Prison Ministry

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
WildHorse said:
I purchased an Echo brand off of Ebay and I love it! :D
My local shop has that one in stock for $6.95. I've had them on a few helmets now and never had the first problem with any of them. :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
My local dealer has the Echo brand in stock. They don't cost much, so I just buy them from him.

Much quicker to put on you helmet than with the D ring. Really faster to take the helmet off.

Once you have it adjusted, no problem.

If your helmet strap loosens while you are wearing it (probably a cheap helmet, I know) you can use velcro to lock it in position. You can still make adjustments for other heads.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
going to be ordering a full face from you soon for the girlfriend...any tricks to get a good fit on one thru the net ?..dont want to play exchange with ya ...LOL
Just check the size chart on www.daytonahelmets.com . Measure about 1 inch above the eyebrow. On full face helmets if you fall right at the limit of one size, then order the next size up.

SiC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.