Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body have any input on helmets? I have been lookin and I really like the Scorpion Tribal but haven't decided yet. Also any good sitesto find them and save $$$.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Before you buy online or anywhere for that matter...be sure to go to a local shop and see what fits yer noggin.
Fit and comfort are very important over what a particular helmet looks like or what it costs.
You're much more likely to wear a helmet that fits properly, than one that doens't fit right or is too heavy, etc.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
F1FAN said:
Before you buy online or anywhere for that matter...be sure to go to a local shop and see what fits yer noggin.
Fit and comfort are very important over what a particular helmet looks like or what it costs.
You're much more likely to wear a helmet that fits properly, than one that doens't fit right or is too heavy, etc.
+1

Bought a helmet online once and returned it.
Bought another and never wear it.
Bought one locally, tried it on first and wear it all the time.

Never again <helmet> online for me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yep, best to try one on. The lighter the helmet, the more cake it'll cost you. But IMO, for the protection, noise reduction, weight (light), comfort, and visibility, Arai and Shoei are at the top of the list. When I first got the X, I got a tribal print HJC, not a bad helmet in it's own right, but after wearing those others, it was like wearing a cement block. Needless I went out and bought an RF-1000.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
go try the scorpion ex400 or ex700 both are geat helmets.i have both and have found them for the dollar the best snell 2000 out there.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
The RF-1000 is a great helmet and the price isn't bad if you opt for a solid color.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just purchased a new Shoei RF-1000. I went to a local shop to try helmets on. From reading the board, I only looked at the Scorpion EX700 and the Shoei. I went with best fit and comfort and what worked best with my glasses. The price was lower than any online price I have seen. I did not even have to ask for a discount, which I would have. I think it is best to try them on, wear it around the store for 15 minutes or so and then ask for a discount to get as close to online prices and then buy locally if at all possible.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Bullfrog75 said:
Any body have any input on helmets? I have been lookin and I really like the Scorpion Tribal but haven't decided yet. Also any good sitesto find them and save $$$.
If you have a $20 head..buy a $20 helmet.. :shock: :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts