Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,,,,,,,,,first,keeping my VTX 1800,,,no way getting rid of her

BUT,,,,,,,dying and getting weak for a 2008 Gold wing,,,,,,,can not think of a better garage companion for X,,,,,,,,someone talk me out of it

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Get the Ultra classik

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, GO Wings :!:
Oh, thats hockey.
Go for the wing, I'am also looking that way
for my next bike. Right now you can't beat my 1300.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I can't help you with reasons to not buy one

But I can probably help you with reasons you need to buy one.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I also was thinking the same thing someday for me. That would be my next cadillac :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
No way should you get the wing, it handles too well, it's way too comfortable, has too much power, you have to go much farther between fill ups, your wife/girlfriend (or both) will fall asleep on the back, the premium sound system is way too loud and clear (6 speakers), not to mention mp3 compatable, the heated seats and grips are too warm, your rides will have to be at least 4 times longer to satisfy you. If you get the GPS, you probably won't want to go to work anymore (over 2 million points of interest) etc. etc. etc. Not to mention the price is way less than a compatable HD,BMW or any other brand for that matter (and faster), so you'll have more money left to get you in trouble. In other words I think it will ruin your life. Be afraid, be very afraid :?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Why bother even trying, just submit to your urge and you will be a very happy person! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Juggler said:
No way should you get the wing, it handles too well, it's way too comfortable, has too much power, you have to go much farther between fill ups, your wife/girlfriend (or both) will fall asleep on the back, the premium sound system is way too loud and clear (6 speakers), not to mention mp3 compatable, the heated seats and grips are too warm, your rides will have to be at least 4 times longer to satisfy you. If you get the GPS, you probably won't want to go to work anymore (over 2 million points of interest) etc. etc. etc. Not to mention the price is way less than a compatable HD,BMW or any other brand for that matter (and faster), so you'll have more money left to get you in trouble. In other words I think it will ruin your life. Be afraid, be very afraid :?
+1 :twisted: :p :twisted: :roll:

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Follow the Force Luke :lol:

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
fast 600 said:
HOOKY said:
Get the Ultra classik
I think I would rather have technology than a bike that goes slower in 6th than 5th.
a bagger like that is not for speed. Integrated cb in the radio, alarm, real cruise, headsets. and same as wing 22k

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
:mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider: :mcrider:

I have a Wing.... and FJR1300.... a Harley...... and.....

My advice to you is to go and rent a Gold Wing. Take it for a weekend.

Nothing worse than to buy a bike and suddenly discover that it's NOT the bike for you.

Might be the cat's meow, but how do you know until you ride one?

My wife rides with me A LOT. That's why we have a Gold Wing. My personal opinion is that it's the best touring bike available.

If my wife was the non-riding type, I probably would not own a Gold Wing.

Opinions by Kevin - your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
886 Posts
texashawk50 said:
Ok,,,,,,,,,first,keeping my VTX 1800,,,no way getting rid of her

BUT,,,,,,,dying and getting weak for a 2008 Gold wing,,,,,,,can not think of a better garage companion for X,,,,,,,,someone talk me out of it
What do you want with another 1800? :roll:
That's just stupid!! Especially a 6cyl 1800... :?

You got a good bike, it suits your purpose and style. :wink:
Don't get a GoldWing...
Just collect all that money your gonna spend on a GoldWing
Put in a bag...

and give it to me so I can get a GoldWing. :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wait to see what they come out with for 2009. If they haven't made any substantial changes you'll still be able to get a great deal on a leftover '08 or '07 even.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My next (and last) bike will be a Wing.

No doubt about it.

Maybe in four/five years.

Right now I am enjoying my six week old 1800 F.

Joe

1 - 20 of 60 Posts