Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to start my bike for the first time this year and the bike turned over a few times and that was it. I tried again and it the starter was just clicking. I still had lights but not enough juice to turn it over. I have hooked up my Battery Tender once a month in the winter until it said it was fully charged and then pulled it.. Just yesterday I hooked up the tender until it said it was fully charged. My bike was a leftover 2003 but it started every time last year when I bought it. I had the tender hooked up with the pigtails and the inline fuse was good. Today I pulled the battery and went directly to the teminals with my older Battery Tender and the charging light went on. Why was the battery suppoedly charged yesterday but it won't start today. I have had many bikes and they always started after the winter. Any ideas is my battery dead or is something draining it? My ATV started right up today after sitting for a few months. This sucks, Help :x

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I went out to see how the battery was charging and the fully charged light (green) was on solid and the charging light was flashing (red) which means a very low or defective battery. I put the battery in the bike and it started fine. I let it idle for a minute and shut it down. Tommorrow I will see if it starts again and go for a short ride if it does. I read a few posts about the "leftover" 03 batteries dying on some people. I called the dealership and the service manager was gone for the day and I have to call back Monday. Took the battery to Advanced Auto today(sunday), they tested it and it was bad, hopefully the dealer will replace it under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts