Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Spike, help me with a search!!!

I was noticing yesterday that my exhaust bracket on my 03 C is really rusting. I thought at first that it was some mud and such but it don't come off. It appears like it might be a cast piece.
Can you shed some light, I did a search and had 3,307 threads to go through.
"search for man and he gets his information today, teach a man to search and he gets his information for a lifetime without bothering anybody!"

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Noticed the same thing on mine when I replaced with after market pipes. Appears the bracket is cast iron and not painted.

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
Yep, cast iron anchor. There is an aluminum bracket available, drops the weight by like 7 pounds and in chrome, looks much better too. I just got mine, for my Jardines as they mount to the stock bracket 8)
http://www.lrextreme.com/

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
The trick in doing a search is once you've entered a term or phrase to search, below that entry click the "Search for all terms" button(this "Search for any terms or use query as entered" being the default)
Then in the "Search Options" section, pick one forum at a time to search in. These 2 things severely restrict the results you will get. It also helps to search different terms or phrases if the first doesn't turn up what you're looking for. Like if you searched "Best pipes" on the 1800 Tech board and didn't find anything, try "Best exhaust" or "Muffler" etc. It does take some patience sometimes, and practice. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts