Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who installed cobra slipons had a problem with the pipes not being straight. I noticed my top pipe is sloping down a little. It does'nt look awful but it is definitely not perfectly straight.

Should I be heading back to the dealer again to fix this or is this normal?

I just cannot believe the honda dealer cannot get this right...

U

·
0 Posts
You might want to see if the muffler is seated snugly against the stop ring. Takes only a few minutes:
Loosen and remove the top heat shield to view the stop ring. Next, loosen the two muffler support bolts and the muffler clamp(next to the ring).
Once everything is loose, you can make adjustments using the freeplay you've created. Then, simply snug up the bolts and replace the heat shield.

D

·
0 Posts
I installed mine myself and I noticed that same problem, but the problem was that the muffler wasn't in snug all the way. You have some room to play around with it but not too much. If this won't fix it, it might be that the neck on the muffler might be bend. Hopefully this will help somewhat. Good Luck. 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
595 Posts
To further what was said already. Loosed the clamps and support bolts just enough to allow you to set the pipes where they look best and the snug all the bolts and clamps so the pipes won't move on you. Then go back and tighten them properly with the necessary tools.

D

·
0 Posts
You don't need to re-jet with the Cobra slip-ons and they sound real nice too. :twisted:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts