Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my bike back together after being in pieces for the past 3 months, but the front wheel won't budge! It was fine when we mounted it back on and slide the brake disc between the two pads fine. We then put back the axle and tightened everything up and went onto the rear fender. Didn't notice this problem until later on.

How can I check and unlock the brakes? I got all the bolts out of it now (front fender bolt, & 3 brake caliper bolts). It still wont budge. Even yanking hard. I was trying not to remove the tire by myself as I'm sure I'll scratch up the fender when the caliper slides out and get stuck wedged between the tire and fender. The tire would be stuck too as the brake line would restrict it from falling out and clearing the fender. Then I'd juggle to put it all back together and shiz myself.

Once this is figured out, she's back on the road!! I'm gonna fire her up, even if it's midnight tonight. :D Hope to have something to check into by 9PM or so w/ your help. Then just take off the tank again (remove jack strap :oops: ), put it on w/ the seat and juice it up. Turnover the starter and let her rip!!!

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
My guess would be that you have the wheel spacers switched.You don't need to remove the caliper on the S model to remove the wheel. The long spacer goes on the disc side.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
silvervtx04s said:
My guess would be that you have the wheel spacers switched.You don't need to remove the caliper on the S model to remove the wheel. The long spacer goes on the disc side.
See? Now thats what I'm talking about!! Sounds like a good place to start to me!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No sheet! That was it. Right on Silver!! I knew I could count on you guys.

The bike's back together again!!! Yea!~! :p :p :p :p :p :p

Here's a sneak peak... He just put them up there. He's also updating the right descrition of my bike. Scott is a GREAT dude w/ lots of creativity and design help! Highly recommended. paintanything.com, When I get new pics of my bike, I'll put out a post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts