Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it may be the pair valve deal...I didn't install the hypercharger, so I don't know if the mod has been done.

Anyway, I'm washing my bike and notice the vacuum hose is cracked and separated from the hypercharger. I will have to pull the tank and replace that, but for now I clipped off the bad spot, and reconnected it.

In between the jugs is a 3/4"(?) hose thats capped. I pushed on it a bit, and it didn't seem to be connected on the end closest to the hypercharger. Anyway, I push on it a bit, and it it now leaking what appears to be water.

Can anyone tell me what this is? The end appears to have a plastic cap and it's wrapped in black tape of some sort, but if I push on it, water will drip from somewhere.

Also, can I ride it like this, just for the weekend? Or do I need to park it and fix it now?

Thanks much as always.

Pappy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
it could be condensation in the vac hose if it is capped your pair valve may not be removed someone may have just capped the line that goes to it if so you will get condensation in that hose
i would pull the cap and drain it
if this is the case make a note and drain the hose often and by all means get that pair valve out and i think you will be good to go

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
There are coolant hoses running to and from the carb
check for leaks when you get the tank off

as for the other hose you are decribing, i think it may be your crankcase
breather hose

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.