Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this on the 1300 riders board and got no response. Someone suggested trying this board. I ordered new Pro-One twisted grips, brake away cruise and new bars for my 04 1300C. I haven't got the new bars yet, but looking at the grips, I was curious how they attach to the bars. The throttle cable attachment looks pretty self explanatory, but the grips came with no instructions at all.

Thanks,
Kfox

·
Super Moderator
63,882 Posts
The left will go on with set screws maybe or an adhesive. The right gets attached to the throttle cables that go inside the throttle housing that holds it on. 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I did a searc for ya and the only thing i can find from the board is the member with the user name "dave shady" has them installed on his. Maybe pm him and he could give ya some advice...Hope that helps some

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. By the way, I'm originally from Oak Park. Probably won't make it out there this summer, just had a new baby, but defenitely will next summer.

Kfox

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll do that. I keep trying to talk my father-in-law into riding out there with me, but he's not sure he can make it that far. He's 62 and seems to think that's too old to ride that far. It's probably more like he knows that I like to got on the bike and keep going until I'm there or just can't stand it any more. He likes to stop every half hour. Anyway, I'm rambling.

Thanks again,
Kfox

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I've got the twisted grips. You'll just need to get some adheasive from a bike shop and glue the left grip on. The right one is already glued to the throttle sleeve (obviously).

·
Registered
428 Posts
he's right...I put these on not too long ago

the right 1 just goes on and attach the throttle cables

the left 1...on the stock bars it slid on very tight and no adhesive is necessary, it does not turn or slip...of course if you want to use adhesive go ahead

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I guess it'll make more sense when I get the bars. I just can't picture how the grip still turns on the bar to work the throttle.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Kfox said:
Thanks. I guess it'll make more sense when I get the bars. I just can't picture how the grip still turns on the bar to work the throttle.
Don't glue the right (throttle) grip on! The throttle side is held in place by the switch box cover. Once you pull the right side apart you'll see. You will need to losen one of the cables off at the throttle body to swap them out.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh, I see. I figured you didn't glue it, I just couldn't figure how it stay there, unless the tension from the cable was enough to keep it there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts