Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys...is this what I think it is? The 30amp main fuse? I've got no power to anything on the bike. It's dead as a doornail and I'm pretty sure it was due to some wiring I was doing last night. I think I shorted something and had too big of a fuse in the headlight socket, so I think I fried the main fuse. Would this be it and if so....is it part # 98200-33000?
It says 2DL 3.0 on the top of it.

Been havin a devil of a time finding it. Any Honda dealer is at least a 2 hour round trip for me, so I suppose I'll just order it.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what does the 30amp MAIN fuse look like and where's it at then? I thought that was what I had here, but it's beginning to look like it was a good thing I asked.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I think what you may be looking for is the fuse block under the left side cover. Facing the left side of the bike it's to the right of the starter solenoid. It's a white plastic thing connected to the frame. It has 3 - 30A fuses in it.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
You'll find the main fuse behind the right side cover it is on the lower left small sq.block with a rubber boot covering half of the top. The main is sitting to the back. Looks like a standard fuse. Spare fuse at the bottom of that block.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
RobDogg said:
The ones I'm talking about are in the pic below. You can see the first one only, it's the square white thing on the far right, the other two are hidden by the frame tube.

1300 its on the right and it doesn't look like that... :wink:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OOOkay....let me clairfy. We're talking about an '03 1300S here. Looks nothing like that fusebox shown on the 1800C. It is indeed under the right side cover and has about 5 or 6 10amp fuses and 1 5amp fuse AND that little thing I took a photo of at the top of the page which I was THINKING was the 30amp fuse.

I looked at that diagram too Spike...really didn't help me all that much. They make those things way too fuzzy for stuff like this.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
As I said lower left on the back of the block is a red plastic cover that locks into the block. The fuse is under the cover. If you look at the front of the block ,you'll see two wires at the bottom. Between the two wires at the bottom of the block is a spare green 30A. fuse

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok Gentlemen...mystery solved. The part I took the photo of is indeed a diode. MANY MANY thanks to silvervtx04s, who knew the correct location of the 30amp (non-mini blade) fuse that was to the lower left of the main fusebox. Turns out my 30amp fuse was indeed blown and after replacing it, I'm back in business again. Thanks guys!

Rainman

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love this board. Without it...I'd be pushing the bike up on a trailer right about now grumbling about what the hell I did to it and having to pay a dealer $75 an hour to figure it out. The collective knowledge on this board is incredible. If you're ever down this way silvervtx04s - I owe ya dinner and a round or two of beers.

I only wish our $50 service manual was as useful as this board. :)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chicago-Spike said:
Sorry, I was going on a 1800 too. :oops:
Hey..no problem Spike. You were tryin to help...and I appreciate that, as I did everyone who posted here tryin to help me out of the jam I put myself in. Just don't forget that not EVERYONE rides one of those baddass 1800's :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts