Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, after owning my bike for 2 weeks and just buying V&H Bigshots, Hypercharger and PCIII, I need more...

What can i do/spend.

I saw Tappers and German Pete's bikes today, and yeah THEY ARE BAD ASS...

Idea's please... Chrome parts will rock for hints.

Mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
For starters you can pay me $100 a post and $50 per idea.
That should help you burn through that cash.

You owe me $100
PM me for address to send payment

·
Registered
252 Posts
what are you lookin for.

Are you looking for chrome or handling and performance..

Performance--
Fork Springs
Heavy duty clutch springs
200 Metz-rear
11" shocks

All of these are pretty easy to do and what a difference it will make for the Handling and Performance of the VTX.the fork springs are the trickiest and BARE has a very good and detailed write up on it.

Chrome--

Brake reservoir covers
grips
pegs
risers
mirrors
front and rear signal replacement

just to name a few things this is my OPINION only and the route I went what a difference it made.

-------------If you want to save $$ just put a HOT Chick on the back-------- 8)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Go for a 400 mile ride in one day... then decide if you need Ultimate seats right away! :D

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
First thing you have to do, is decide what purpose you need the bike to perform. For example, riding two-up on weekend or longer trips will probably necessitate bags and sissybar + luggage rack. If you're going for the custom bar-hopper look, then that's a whole different kettle of fish.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tapper said:
First thing you have to do, is decide what purpose you need the bike to perform. For example, riding two-up on weekend or longer trips will probably necessitate bags and sissybar + luggage rack. If you're going for the custom bar-hopper look, then that's a whole different kettle of fish.
I think the custom Chopper look is the Key.... :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
want to spend some $$$$

dallastactical

Look at my upgrades, it may help some (pic is dated). You may want to go with a cruise control unit - I love the breakaway. The throttle boss is another good piece. Radiator guards and shrouds, check out ebay for radiator covers, LED lights etc. Just research before you buy... either this site or Cruisercustomizing.com, it will save lots of aggravation. You can view all kinds of riders with your bike and desired upgrades and get their views and reccomendations before you buy.
Do you have a downloaded map or custom map for your PCIII? There are at least 6 differing variations for your setup between Powercommander.com and Bareasses site if you want to try that. I've already spent over $2000 this past year on improvements to my X, so its easy to go overboard once you start. Maybe Triple trees to get that chopper look (whoremans bike looks great!) ...the list goes on and on...

hope this helps...

bigjim56

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Johnnycheese said:
the PC3 but you have one Sooooooooo and a custom map
Im still a bit lost, but you have something to do with the tuning/Performance of the bikes right?

2 week old memeber-so im not with the whole thing yet. :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think you should get a Cherry 2000 for the back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
$$$$ for improvements

dallastactical,

You can go to his (Johnnycheese) profile and search all of his posts from this board. He left a phone number there on the one thread. JC is from Texas area and many guys here reccomend him highly. A custom map will give you optimum power w/minimum fuel usage. With the cost of petro going up, it would be a good way to go. I'll eventually get me a custom map also.

bigjim56

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: $$$$ for improvements

bigjim56 said:
dallastactical,

You can go to his (Johnnycheese) profile and search all of his posts from this board. He left a phone number there on the one thread. JC is from Texas area and many guys here reccomend him highly. A custom map will give you optimum power w/minimum fuel usage. With the cost of petro going up, it would be a good way to go. I'll eventually get me a custom map also.

Thanks for the info, how much do they generally cost to have done?

bigjim56

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
dallastactical said:
Johnnycheese said:
you will be wanting a custom map for the PC3.
ok i get ya, do you have a website for me to look at?
No website I know of but he's a great guy to work with even if he is a little short-winded at times on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just playing with ya JC. :wink:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts