Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Kury license plate frame with LED turn bullets. I'm at the point where I need to install the diode kit. The instructions say "Locate turn signal indicator bulb and the two wires attached to it. Some disassembly of the dash or other components may be needed to expose the wires. Cut both wires in a location providing both adequate room to work and wire length to make your splices. Select one of the wires from the indicator bulb, it makes no difference which one you choose, and run it to ground. Take the remaining wire from the indicator bulb and splice it to the blue wire on the on the diode assembly. Take the two wires coming from the bike's wiring harness and splice one to each of the red wires on the diode assembly.

First of all, there are two turn signal indicators? Does it matter which one? Second, I'm assuming they don't mean to take apart the dash to the point of exposing the bulbs - maybe they do. So where can I make this splice? The wiring diagram shows light blue and green going to the right indicator and orange and green going to the left indicator. Has anyone out there done this before. I don't want to start hacking away without some re-assurance that I'm on the right track. Thanks much for any help.

·
Registered
461 Posts
You only need that on bikes that have a single turn indicator bulb, it is to prevent feedback to the other bulb thu the indicator. It is not required on your bike.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am doing this change over myself and through this forum found the answer on the diode to be true. Have you got to the flasher relay yet? I am confused by that one. Where? I am kind of leaning to the faster blink. Maybe makes me more noticable. Good luck on your install!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't get the flasher relay kit. Instead I installed the Back Off Brake Light Signal Module. It works great. I also have a license plat from with a built-jin LED brake ligth for some extra visibility when I'm stopping. I think with the running lights, flashing brake light and flashing license plate frame brake light - I should be noticed a lot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts