Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried looking through forumns unsuccessfully, putting c front pegs on my r to replace the foot boards. A little in the dark here. Does the c have spacers where the foot control mounts go? Can I use the r brake system? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
64,141 Posts
The frames are different, so the mounts are different. You want floorboards, you have to buy floorboards that mount to a C bike. Cobra used to make boards for a C

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You want pegs on an “R” correct? To replace the floorboards and make it a “C” type setup. Is that how I understand your question?

You will need the whole “C” assembly for both sides, The “C” bolts are shorter and the shifter linkage is different. I am 99% the mounting locations are the same, i think the “R” as an extra bolt for the floorboard you won’t use, but the upper mounting locations are the same.

I did this with someone 12 years ago and overall the swap was easy, as long as you get all the bolts and parts from the C, you can’t really interchange the parts from an “R” as they are different lengths (bolts and linkages).

I actually used those longer “R” parts on my “F” to create a custom set of controls because of my leg issues, so my pegs/controls sit further away from the frame than a standard C/F bike to accommodate my replacement hip and pelvis problems. (Result of a motorcycle accident in 2001).

As you can see here, using the longer “R” parts will push the controls way out:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The frames are different, so the mounts are different. You want floorboards, you have to buy floorboards that mount to a C bike. Cobra used to make boards for a C
Thanks for the response but I’m going from foot boards to pegs my bike is an r model

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You want pegs on an “R” correct? To replace the floorboards and make it a “C” type setup. Is that how I understand your question?

You will need the whole “C” assembly for both sides, The “C” bolts are shorter and the shifter linkage is different. I am 99% the mounting locations are the same, i think the “R” as an extra bolt for the floorboard you won’t use, but the upper mounting locations are the same.

I did this with someone 12 years ago and overall the swap was easy, as long as you get all the bolts and parts from the C, you can’t really interchange the parts from an “R” as they are different lengths (bolts and linkages).

I actually used those longer “R” parts on my “F” to create a custom set of controls because of my leg issues, so my pegs/controls sit further away from the frame than a standard C/F bike to accommodate my replacement hip and pelvis problems. (Result of a motorcycle accident in 2001).

As you can see here, using the longer “R” parts will push the controls way out:

View attachment 188211
Yes I’m going from existing foot boards to pegs from a c model I bought. The c pegs mount where my previous Highway bars mounted. I received the new shift linkage as well. I believe I need some sort of spacer that I didn’t receive because the mounts sit much to far in. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The confusion mostly is on the brake side. Guessing it mounts in the same position as the other side and looks like r brake will bolt onto bracket but those bolts have a nut on the other side on my bike little confused here. Anyone have a pic of a stock c brake side peg setup for reference when I look online it is blurry or not stock controls

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The confusion mostly is on the brake side. Guessing it mounts in the same position as the other side and looks like r brake will bolt onto bracket but those bolts have a nut on the other side on my bike little confused here. Anyone have a pic of a stock c brake side peg setup for reference when I look online it is blurry or not stock controls
Gearbanger 1800 put forward controls on his 1800C (a year ago?) FWIW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts