Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents!
I have a 2002 1800C. It's got V&H pipes and a Kuryaken pro hypercharger. I pulled the pc3 off to see if it would run better. Upon further inspection the person who did the pipes and air box DIDNT do the desmog. So I order parts to do it properly. Then I reinstalled the pc3 and now the bike won't start! Does the pc3 flash back to zero when you disconnect it?? If I unplug it and go back to factory it'll start but runs like crap. I've only had the bike for 4 weeks. And now I'm freaking out cuz I wrecked something!!! Oh and I broke a pin in the icm connector so now I'm waiting for new pins. I should have just left it alone 馃様 any help is appreciated thanks guys

Registered
What does "runs like crap" mean? Missing, rough, won't take fuel, won't idle. You probably did not hurt/harm anything, these bikes are pretty robust. Check all vacuum lines.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does "runs like crap" mean? Missing, rough, won't take fuel, won't idle. You probably did not hurt/harm anything, these bikes are pretty robust. Check all vacuum lines.
It just runs very rough. Backfires when revved up. Sounds horrible. Won't start with pc3 connected

Registered
If you broke a pin in the ECU connector this could be the problem. The PC3 will keep its settings after disconnecting.
Also check if the IAT sensor was not disconnected from the throttle body.

Super Moderator
That's the TPS wire, Throttle Position Sensor wire. So if that is not good then the ECU has no idea where the throttle is at the moment so it won't run right until you get that fixed and back into the ECU

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the TPS wire, Throttle Position Sensor wire. So if that is not good then the ECU has no idea where the throttle is at the moment so it won't run right until you get that fixed and back into the ECU
OK wire fixed and pc3 hooked back up. But bike won't idle. I have to give it throttle to start and if I let off it stalls.

Registered
Verify you have put the new female pin where the male pin is.
You have 3 pins: +5v Y/R; TPS R/Y; ground G/O

I have a pin count sheet somewhere. Searching....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I put it back in the same slot it came out of! It will start but I have to give it throttle and hold it or it dies! If I unug the pc3 and plug back to stock. It will run. But sounds funny. I just got the plates to remove the pair valves tonight. And get rid of all that stuff. I'm beyond frustrated 馃槧 馃槨

Registered
Did you break any others pins/wires??
Any MIL codes???
PC3 powered up?
IAT connected???
FPR vacuum hose connected???

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Just seems odd. It ran ok when I started messing with it. (Which I know now was dumb thing to do) and all I have done is unplug the pc3 and put factory plugs back in ecu. It runs that way but still idles oddly. Just not sure if messed something up

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you break any others pins/wires??
Any MIL codes???
PC3 powered up?
IAT connected???
FPR vacuum hose connected???
Yes pc3 is powered up. LED lights go up and down when you Rev. Nothing flashes on the FI light. Turn key on I can hear it prime. I hit start button and it will fire but dies. If I use the throttle it'll run but as soon as I let off it dies. Before it would fire up and run no prob

Registered

Super Moderator
Sounds to me like the TPS settings are now messed up. If it starts and runs with throttle, but dies if you roll off, the TPS sounds too low to keep it running. There's lot's of Yourtubes showing how to set the TPS;

Registered
Would that have been affected when I disconnected the pc3?
there should have been a vampire clip that goes to the TPS IIRC, did that wire get damaged or broken? if the PC3 is connected back, is that wire also connected? if not the PC3 can't determine the Throttle position.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there should have been a vampire clip that goes to the TPS IIRC, did that wire get damaged or broken? if the PC3 is connected back, is that wire also connected? if not the PC3 can't determine the Throttle position.
Yes there was a clip like that. I put a new wire on and made sure it was connected properly.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts