Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2005 red vtx 1300 last week. Pristine condition with only 3300 miles. This is my first bike other than a couple of Vespas. However, I notice that when I decelerate or take both hands from the bars when I’m at speed the handlebar shakes some. I wouldn’t say violently but enough to have me worried. I’ve done some research and just recently joined the forums to gain insight into my new to me machine. Can anyone help me diagnose? What can I potentially do to fix this. I’ve read that a hearing replacement could help but I’m unsure. I appreciate you all in advance! Love the bike. It’s a dream to ride. I’m a bigger fella and it’s got all the power I need for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
You may have loose steering bearings . originals are ball bearings . there is an all balls brand bearing kit with taper bearings that many have installed to fix the steering wobble . You could just try tightening the nut on the steering bearing if you didn't want to do the conversion. I got my all balls kit off eBay . eo

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Slow internet speed. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts