Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Heres the deal. I jacked up my bike with a bike jack and "apparently" the jack did not get the Frame and got the bottom pipe that goes up into the water pump. Now when I crank the bike the bottom bolt that holds that pipe leaks radiator coolant, and I mean a steady stream!! Any ideas, anyone know if it has a gasket, or anything to put on it to seal it?

Thanks,

No1

·
Registered
973 Posts
You need to get under there and see exactly what part is leaking and wether or not it's broken. I expect it is and you're just going to have to replace that part.

Kfox

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did, the only place I see that it is leaking is right at that bolt, can't see any cracks or anything.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would try tightening the bolt a but don't crank down on it. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to start taking stuff apart and figure out what is cracked/broken and replace it. If it does work, I'd probably still want to replace whatever it is just to be safe. I wouldn't want to take the chance of it working loose later.

Kfox

·
Registered
3,650 Posts

you might have to replace an o ring or seal

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Were alcoholic beverages involved in this incident? :wink:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the schematic, it has to be that #20, I checked real close and there are no cracks it just comes out around that #22 nut. Frustrating as hell!, No, alcohol was involved during, but after it started leaking there has been a bit involved, and a lot of profanity.

No1

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
no1photo said:
Thanks for the schematic, it has to be that #20, I checked real close and there are no cracks it just comes out around that #22 nut. Frustrating as hell!, No, alcohol was involved during, but after it started leaking there has been a bit involved, and a lot of profanity.

No1
:lol: :lol:

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Sorry for your problem, the first time I used my kobalt jack I almost did the same thing,I push the jack all the way under till it hits the stand that way I know Im under then I pull the bike straight up and jack away. .02 good luck on this one.

·
Registered
353 Posts
same thing

I almost did the same thing a few times .it may not help new but I bought two strips of 1/2 inch metal the same width and two inches longer then the rails on the jack and bolted them to the top now I can put the jack under the bike and have lots of room .I never miss the frame anymore .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah figure its the O ring, called the dealer since I have a extended warranty and he said they do fail, of course I did not mention the Jack situation. Then he told me that honda would probably not cover it under warranty because it would be considered an expendable item!!!! What a crock! Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

No1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.