Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm lengthening the wires for my handlebars, looking for some help IDing some wires:

There's a pair near both grips, and the clipped end runs down the wire bundle on each side, and so will get extensions soldered. Where do the right angle clips go? I don't need to run 2 extra wires per side do I?

Thanks.

e

p.s. I don't have the bike here, otherwise I'd go out there and track it down.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

there they are near 19. not sure what it connects to though...

e

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Like said they connect to the master cylinders. Yes each side will need 2 separate wires, but it doesn't matter what one goes to what.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
this may help it may not but I made all my extensions first to all the wiring, then ensured I wrote down the color codes to match up once reconnected, zip tied them all even so I could cut them off with the same relevant amount of extra wiring after the connection was soldered and shrink wrapped.

then I ran each wire thru the bars on a string I routed inside. Once done I reconnected the extension to the stock wires and was done in about two days...I took my time to keep the solders small and clean.

good luck

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man am I blind. Those stupid clips are on the forward face of the control housings. :oops:

They are kind of camouflaged and tucked in...and I was confused because the pair of wires go inside the housing and come back out, or some such...wasn't sure as I had dismantled the switches.

All is good now. Thanks everyone.

e

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wizza said:
this may help it may not but I made all my extensions first to all the wiring, then ensured I wrote down the color codes to match up once reconnected, zip tied them all even so I could cut them off with the same relevant amount of extra wiring after the connection was soldered and shrink wrapped.

then I ran each wire thru the bars on a string I routed inside. Once done I reconnected the extension to the stock wires and was done in about two days...I took my time to keep the solders small and clean.

good luck
yea, i was getting that soldering down pretty good....I'm sure I broke every rule in the book. :wink: (heated the solder not the wire, then heated the wire, but heated it too much so the other end desoldered off the switch, dripped molten solder on the carpet, stuck business end of solder gun RIGHT on my finger)

It actually looks all right so far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
e said:
:wink: (heated the solder not the wire, then heated the wire, but heated it too much so the other end desoldered off the switch, dripped molten solder on the carpet, stuck business end of solder gun RIGHT on my finger)

It actually looks all right so far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

the finger???...

the carpet???...

or the wires...???... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
my problem was afterwards my thottle sleave was really hard to get back togather 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts