Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Bike got trashed by a cager, no, I wasnt on it..... and I am replacing my pratically new apes. I was looking at these. My question is threefold.
1) I realize the ends are tapered for the grips, but do the stock Controls mount to bars that are this thick w/o modification or is it tapered for the controls as well?? I know people have been going 1.5" with big buffalos and cant seem to find out what, if anything, they have had to modify.
2) If I will have to severely modify the controls and such for the 1.25" bar, does anyone know where I can find a 1.5" riser for 1" bars that will fit our bikes w/o drilling it out to 0.5" ? The ones I had are apparently no longer manufactured.
3) Whats the height if a stock C riser??
Thanks a ton folks. I appreciate any input you all can give me.

·
Super Moderator
64,215 Posts
Ok. Bike got trashed by a cager, no, I wasnt on it..... and I am replacing my pratically new apes. I was looking at these. My question is threefold.
1) I realize the ends are tapered for the grips, but do the stock Controls mount to bars that are this thick w/o modification or is it tapered for the controls as well?? I know people have been going 1.5" with big buffalos and cant seem to find out what, if anything, they have had to modify.
You'd have to ask the maker but they usually leave space for most controls and the grips. You put the controls and grips on them, then measure the space left between the controls and where the bars go wide. Then cut that off the end so the crontrols fit up against the wide part.
2) If I will have to severely modify the controls and such for the 1.25" bar, does anyone know where I can find a 1.5" riser for 1" bars that will fit our bikes w/o drilling it out to 0.5" ? The ones I had are apparently no longer manufactured.
The page says you will need 1.25 risers for the bars not 1.5. Any 2 piece riser should work, you might have to drill out the triple tree for SAE bolts
3) Whats the height if a stock C riser??
Thanks a ton folks. I appreciate any input you all can give me.
Stock riser and bar measurements here;
http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/StockBarsOne.html

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The page says you will need 1.25 risers for the bars not 1.5. Any 2 piece riser should work, you might have to drill out the triple tree for SAE bolts
Thanks a billion for replying Spike. The 1.5 I was referring to was the height of the riser itself. I know I would need a 1.25" handlebar accepting riser for those bars. I just wasnt sure that they left enough room for controls and such on the taper. I'll call the manufacturer tomorrow and find out how much room is 1" on the taper. Thanks again man. You really helped me out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts