Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive browsed around and couldnt find this info. I kinda like the look of black rims. Does anyone know the right technique. Ild like to make em gloss black

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I so like that look my self... before a custom paint job, I'll be gettin my S wheels powder coated black with chrome spokes... :D 8)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Check with Handler, he had a post with some powdercoted rims and stailess spokes. I will be having him do some for my wife's bike just the opposite, powdercoated spokes and the shiny rims. I hate cleaning those stock spokes!!! Especially after all the crap the put on the roads for snow around here.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Mine are gloss black, but I didn't powder coat them. We painted and cleared them. So far they have held up extremely well and look much better then powder coating (in my opinion). Just another option to consider.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xspwr. I've considered paint i think it may be less expensive. Have you changed a tire yet.... if so how did the edges hold the paint after the dude rode the tire on with the bar.

I wonder if it would chip with a powder coated rim aswell

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I haven't changed a tire with them yet, but properly done (for any rim that is) we shouldn't even touch the paint. Get someone that doesn't care or know what they are doing and they will scratch, dent, or chip the rim no matter what the finish is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts