Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently installed Cobra Speedster Shorts and a Kuryaykn Hypercharger on my 05 VTX 1300S. Since the install my bike "feels" down on power. :arrow: As compared to my friends 05 VTX 1300 which I usually (read, used to) run away from.

I ordered a FactoryPro kit based on some good advise received here but remain worried about the install of the new jets. This item has not yet arrived.

So today I ordered the Dial-A-Jet system feeling it would be easier to install and adjust and because I feel that my two alterations leaned out an already on the lean side condition from the factory and the Dial-A-Jet is designed to work with and improve a lean condition.

Has anyone installed this system (Dial-A-Jet) with a Hypercharger? :?:

I would welcome all inputs.

Thanks,

Frank

PS: I just pulled and replaced my plugs (4000+ miles) and after looking at the plugs they fall into the "looking good" category when compared to the various charts that are out there. I suppose I was looking for more of a hot/lean appearance, although I'm very pleased that I saw no evidence of damage at all. Any ideas on this? :?: Note: The mods I first talked about have <500 miles on them.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Please don't take this wrong,but you would be MUCH better off to just re-jet the bike(Very easy!) The Dial-A-Jet is considered "Snake Oil" around here! The VTX is a VERY simple one carb set up & if I can do it anyone can! Besides,you got all these Great people here to help if you hit a snag........................... :D Rod

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
a shim or 2 under the slider needle is all you needed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts