Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the usual exhaust question!

I currently have installed on my bike (1300C), a set of HK slip ons, which I love.

What I need are some measurements from other riders who have either the Sideburners, the K2's or any other system.

My situation is this: I need to lower the passenger pegs for the comfort of my bride. I bought a set of Kury offset mounts, only to find out that I couldn't use them since the top pipe is in the way. The mount would actually lower the pegs/floorboards to approx the bottom of the top pipe, which is where I would like them.

From looking at pictures of the Sideburners and the K2's, it would appear that they do sit lower than stock. I don't want to buy them and then find out they still won't work.

If any other riders have these pipes (or any other) I would really appreciate a measurement down from the rear footrest mount position, to the highest point of the pipes (that would interfere with the pegs/floorboards).

I would also appreciate any feedback from riders who have heard the HK slip ons and the K2's or the Sideburners, the difference in sound / volume.

If I cant solve this problem, I may have to look at a touring bike, either a Goldwing or an Ultra Classic. I really don't want to lose my X, so please help!

·
Registered
740 Posts
"If I cant solve this problem, I may have to look at a touring bike, either a Goldwing or an Ultra Classic. I really don't want to lose my X, so please help!"

Ok, you asked for it...

1. Remove your brides legs below the knees.
2. Get a "new", shorter bride.
3.Get your bride her own VTX!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend, just couldnt resist the open door. Anything to save your X :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Remove your brides legs below the knees.
I broke my back in Nov 2003, so I can't carry her :(

2. Get a "new", shorter bride.
She's a keeper :D

3.Get your bride her own VTX!
Doesn't want her own bike :shock:

So come on guys help me get some new pipes.

PS: this is not an attempt to get new pipes, but hey if I can get some and solve her "situation" then we all win right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just installed HK sideburners on my 1300c very deep,very LOUD,i just love them.the distance you are looking for is 3in.hope you still have your factory brackets they are needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts