Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found 2 different part numbers 11340mem305 and 11340mem671 both are #3 on the diagram and both are very hard to find, never mind finding someone who can answer a question about there products. Any ideas on which one it is or how to order it?

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
I see 3 parts numbers and it refers to the engine serial number.
I have no idea what the difference is if any. Same bolts.... I used partzilla web site.
11340-MEM-305 = 2003 - 2004 S/C
11340-MEM-670 = 2003 - 2004 S/C
11340-MEM-671 = 2004 C to 2007 C/R/S

Improvements??? Different supplier???
General parts have a part number divided into 3 sections,
The first string of digits (1234-XXX-XXX) indicates the Honda function and component number for this part.
The second string of digits (XXXXX-456-XXX) is the product code, also known as Parts Classification Number in hondaspeak. This is the number that indicates the product (motorcycle) where this particular part was first used. The product code is probably the most interesting portion of the part number when trying to determine interchangeability of Honda parts between various models.
The third string of digits (XXXXX-XXX-789) is the Classification Number. It is mostly used to indicate various suppliers or improvements for the same part. Also any potential color code is tacked at the end of the classification number as digits (letters).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, it started off as 11340mem425 and as I looked into it I found that was wrong... so on and so on. I still can't find the chrome outer cover...it doesn't make sense

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Outer cover??? The plastic chrome cover? Usually the latest number is the best one to use.
What number is on your X cover?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it 11340mem670 and it only comes as a set 180$ now I have an inner clutch cover if anyone needs one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts