Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
LOL you and a hundred other people. They dont make them anymore. If you look real hard, get lucky, you may find some used ones but the product will go fast. I have seen one set for sale in three years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't make them anymore? Were dual pipes made for the VTX? Are there any after market pipes that can be utilized to make dual pipes on the VTX?

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
These are Roadhouse Dooleys. I love mine. They are real hard to find now and when they go up for sale they are gone fast! This rider made his own for the 1300. Others have done similar for the 1800.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...350737-Doolies
That is me. I made them and still have to make the heat shields for them but I do like the way they turned out.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
image.jpg I did the same and made my own. Almost the same as motorcyclereb but I ran the back header straight back and the front cylinder under and up to a muffler on the left side.

Finally got it together enough to fire it up for the first time this year and she don't sound like no X anymore. Got one mean low rumble and growl. Must have busted the front o ring though cause I can hear a leak up there so guess I will have to pick up another one and replace it. Otherwise it will be on the road in the next few days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mneccspv- what brand pipes did you use? Approximate cost for pipe modification into doolies? are the bags tsukayu?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
mneccspv- what brand pipes did you use? Approximate cost for pipe modification into doolies? are the bags tsukayu?
I bought a complete exhaust from somone on CL for $90 (fatboy I think) ended up using just the mufflers. bought three 90 manderel bend stainless 1 3/4' pipes that had 6 inch legs on them. some 3/4 steel square tubes, straight flat steel and multiple stainless bolts, washers and nuts. bby the time it was all said and done I spent about $250 on it.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Hate ute I did not make it to meet up with you at the beach last time but we will be back and this time I will have the X!
No problem, you have my number just give me a call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts