Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now im pi$$ed, and here is why:

Anyone interested in the things I sell on here, 1300 final drives, swingarms, wheels and other things DON'T RESPOND IN THE PUBLIC FORUM ANYMORE......... I use to have people respond there first that way they new who was first.......well it seems when I post something on the classifieds and someone responds to it they start getting pm's from other members telling them they have the same thing cheaper

That's great, but The problem I have with this is if you have something to sell......................post your own damn add and quit following mine. I took the time to list it so you can to.

So far it has happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks on things I've had sold.......the things I'm selling are in storage right now because I sold my house and don't want to take them with me untill I re-locate. The reason I know this is because one member who was interested in something I had for sale (swing arm) got a pm from another member after he responded to my add telling him he had the same thing for $5 less...........He then forwarded it to me to show me what was going on so I know who is doing it. So if I have something for sale pm me or send it to my personal e-mail address. Thanks you to the loyal members who keep things on the up and up [email protected]

·
Registered
533 Posts
The same thing happened to me. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Undercut by a fin? I'd have laughed @ the offer n told 'em better make it a fifty................

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now that is shady. I hope you've contacted the forum moderators about this so they can take appropriate actions. Don't let the person just get away with it because they'll just do it to other folks.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
BiGDoG96 said:
Now that is shady. I hope you've contacted the forum moderators about this so they can take appropriate actions. Don't let the person just get away with it because they'll just do it to other folks.
Man, sorry to hear this, But there is nothing I can Do.. Really Sucks.. Wish I could do something...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't report it to anyone. I brought it out in the open (not naming names) (YET) so the people who are doing this know's I know whats going on now..........so the next time they do it to me or anyone else they might think twice about it knowing there pm's might get forwarded. Like I said I don't care there selling there stuff cheaper or what ever but I took the time to post the items in the classifieds and went as far as packaging everything up and getting the shipping prices from the post office, UPS and fedex to see which would be cheaper for the customer.....I did the running and leg work to get them the cheapest shipping prices to save them some $$.....all before I left on vacation. So I do think it's a raw deal for only a couple of bucks, I wasted more than that running all over town to save them money. Sorry for the rant just had to vent :lol: :lol: To every one else that has bought some of the things I've sold over the last few weeks I just want say thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
Kevin Kuiper said:
BiGDoG96 said:
Man, sorry to hear this, But there is nothing I can Do.. Really Sucks.. Wish I could do something...
You mean you can't ban them? Or at least let them know that if it happens again, they will be banned?

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Glennok said:
Nicksterdemus said:
Undercut by a fin?
What do Finnish people have to do with it? :pepper1:
I don't know if you're serious or not but, here goes. A fin is a five dollar bill. Someone from Finland is a Finlander. I'm pretty sure he was referring to the $5 but, I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
you guys aren't serious? he got undercut.

that's called free market.

with 20,000+ registrations, it's bound to happen.

Not my style, I know what my stuff is worth, I post my own ads with beautiful pictures, and great descriptions, and I'm not undercut because I know exactly what the stuff is going for.

If your high, you'll get undercut everyday, all day.

Is this really a topic?

Unbelievable. What's next, somebody's gonna post: "There outta be a law!!!!" "Think of the children!!!!"

:roll:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Free Market yes, but if you were at Joe's Ford Dealer and Jim's Ford salesmen was standing at the door looking over your shoulder and saying, "I can save you a couple bucks," that'd be wrong. Unethical and Illegal (Soliciting). It's not the fact that he got undercut, it's the fact that a customer came to him, then another seller targeted that customer in Fev's store (his post in the classifieds). If you can beat his price, post your product and advertise price. If the customer deems it worthwhile, by all means, take the cheaper.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
FEV, I agree ... I'd be pretty jerked too. I don't know that it's worthy of reprimand, but it is kinda sleazy. You took the high road here by not mentioning names. And you did the right thing by just asking buyers to PM you. If somebody else has the same thing to sell and wants to let it go for less, then they can post it just as easily as anybody else.

Good luck with your sales ...
Ed

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
ragincajun40 said:
Free Market yes, but if you were at Joe's Ford Dealer and Jim's Ford salesmen was standing at the door looking over your shoulder and saying, "I can save you a couple bucks," that'd be wrong. Unethical and Illegal (Soliciting). It's not the fact that he got undercut, it's the fact that a customer came to him, then another seller targeted that customer in Fev's store (his post in the classifieds). If you can beat his price, post your product and advertise price. If the customer deems it worthwhile, by all means, take the cheaper.
Nice try, but that's a poor analogy. Try a car show. I'm at Joe's booth. I turn around and announce to everyone else "I'm interested in buying Joe's car for $10,000"

2 minutes later someone hands me a note that says "I have the same thing for $9,500"

anyway, playing who's got the best analogy is exhausting.

The thing is, Fev1969 seems like a good guy. I'd rather buy from him for $5 more, then someone whose sniping behind the scenes. And if I were Fev, if someone wanted to pay $5 less, then let them. If your price is right, there should be another buyer right behind the first.

I don't need flakey buyers, and I don't buy from flakey sellers.

The farther you are from the actual paying market price, the more of the above you attract.

I've had nothing but excellent exchanges on here, ebay and craigslist. I can yell at people for not paying what I want them to pay, or I can hustle and make it work.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not pissed that I got undercut..........I'm pissed at the way it happened........I'm a little ticket at the buyer as well for putting me through 2 days of running after he definatly wanted the parts. we have no ups store in the town I live in so I went to the closeest town that does which is 18 miles away.......then I drive another 25 miles from there to find a fedex store to get a price so I could save him some dollars on shipping. Don't get me wrong I'm all about getting a bargin, hell, I'm a tight a$$ and always ask the seller to come down on price......hey, it don't hurt to ask right? I have no problem with some one saying, "hey, someone else has the same thing cheaper could you match them or give me a better deal?" I go into walmart and say hey, I found this at K-mart cheaper.....thats cool. The price I was asking was a fair price....I'm up late at nights going through old classifieds knowing what things sell for so I know what to expect. I'm not trying to screw someone I've had probably 50 items I've sold or bought on the forum with really no problems. If the person would of seen my add then listed his SAME THING CHEAPER OR FOR FREE, than thats ok....wouldn't of bothered me one bit.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, on a side note......................It's happened more than once....................I sold a swingamr to another member and a different member ask me if it was still available and I told him no, I had sold it and was shipping it pout that day. He also replyed to the add and was sent an e-mail be this person....he could of bought it from them...........I already sold mine........instead he ask my openion of the guy who did this and I told him I think it's a good deal and think he would be ok to buy from him even though I've never seen him post anything for sale. He ask me if I would be getting any more swingarms and I told him yeah but it might be a few months. He told me he'd rather wait and buy from me so let him know when I get anymore. :wink: Honesty and trust go along way, it's not given, It's erned

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
OK, One Tip, Get a UPS & Fed Ex Account set up on Line!! U can do all your Pricing right from Home :idea: :idea: Save on Gas and TIME!!!

Also, People Need to Send Me Links to SOLD Ads so I can Remove them!!

It is very hard to read them ALL to see if it says SOLD in it or even worse, Says nothing and Folks looking ask about it to find it was SOLD a Month ago :roll:

It Helps!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kevin........thanks for the tip..............I never mark my listing as sold until the funds are recieved :wink: Also, another good thing about not having someone respond to to the open forum classifieds is once I sell the item I can delete my own add as long as no one replyed.......less work for you :D .......I've even pm'd some one to delete there responce so I could go ahead and delete it.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
fev1969 said:
Kevin........thanks for the tip..............I never mark my listing as sold until the funds are recieved :wink: Also, another good thing about not having someone respond to to the open forum classifieds is once I sell the item I can delete my own add as long as no one replyed.......less work for you :D .......I've even pm'd some one to delete there responce so I could go ahead and delete it.
Cool ThankX :wink: :wink: But Seriously, Check into getting yor own account with UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, ect.... Make it ALLOT Easier to get Pricing :D :D As well as save a TON of Time!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.