Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matter of fact it was a lot of bugs on my take off at the last minute (sunny 82 degrees) 168 mile trip in the country. This was smell the chicken farms, cattle and I believe one large hog lot ride through the country on a trip I planned out on the GPS on roads I had never been on before. It’s amazing how many people don’t take down their Christmas lights down unless they are still in the spirit because I saw a bunch of houses and double wides that still had them strung up. How about you, still gottem up LOL. I must have been taking it easy because I didn’t have to hit the reserve and I usually do at about 150 or so because I don’t ride like nanny going to Wal-Mart. It really is nice to get out in the middle of the week with the country roads all to yourself and these particular roads had a lot of long sweepers that I must come back for when I’m in a more aggressive mode. Anyhoo this was my almost day off because I had a one hour meeting this morning at 6:00. The wife is just leaving for class and I get to relax and think about my day in the country. BTW everybody, the Rowdyx had another stellar day of always exceeding my expectations of how a bike should perform. We are so lucky to own these bikes, even the red ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigdog

·
Registered
238 Posts
Spoken like a true Bike rider Bigdog --- and Bugs are something most of us Riders from south Louisiana have become familiar(and in contact) with.

By the way your Bike even looks faster than the Red ones.

Peaceful riding and don't become a scratch on some SUV----later,

operator

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
operator said:
Spoken like a true Bike rider Bigdog --- and Bugs are something most of us Riders from south Louisiana have become familiar(and in contact) with.

By the way your Bike even looks faster than the Red ones.

Peaceful riding and don't become a scratch on some SUV----later,

operator
Operator, where have you been :?: And are you the reason the damn oil prices have gone out of sight :?: Oh and yes much faster :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
No Bigdog, I,m to far down on the food chain to be the reason or the cure. I just get it out the ground and try to keep it coming after that its pretty much Political and Financial Markets running the show.

Don't get on the computor quite as much as I used too---you and some of the other fellows over the years have helped me with almost everything I need to know about the Bike. But like to get on from time to time just to keep track of how everyone is doing.

I ride a lot of country roads that Ive never been on before and love it. Around here riding the Intrastate Highways is an obstacle course. Dodging rubber off of 18 wheeler tires and crazy caggers driving like the worlds coming to an end tomorrow.

Maybe the gas prices are not so bad after all---if the price gets high enough maybe there will be less cars and trucks and more Bikes. operator

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Country Side of Life

Happy you had a good ride. Wish I could have been there. I also have found country roads here in middle Tn that I had never seen. I know those smells you're talking about. I was riding with my son Tuesday after work. We both got beat up with bugs, of course my son didn't mention it cause he's a Harley rider. When I said the bugs were killing me, he just said "what bugs?" Hang in there BIGDOG and keep us posted on your trips. BTW you never explained the
22 down to 1. What's with that?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Country Side of Life

Crowbar said:
Happy you had a good ride. Wish I could have been there. I also have found country roads here in middle Tn that I had never seen. I know those smells you're talking about. I was riding with my son Tuesday after work. We both got beat up with bugs, of course my son didn't mention it cause he's a Harley rider. When I said the bugs were killing me, he just said "what bugs?" Hang in there BIGDOG and keep us posted on your trips. BTW you never explained the
22 down to 1. What's with that?
It's in this thread, did you sleep through this one :?: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=577939&highlight=#577939

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
christmas lights? why take them down? i have them hooked up to my motion detector, when a cat comes thru the yard, everyone knows. and if it were to be a burglar, he makes a better target with some pretty little lights on him

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
MISSED IT

Well yea,I missed it. I knew that you had lost one of your two buddies but I didn't know your handle had to do with them.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Your christmas tree lights reminded me of the laugh we got out of the "redneck" swimming pool we saw going to Arkansas on the bike. In front of a trailer was an above ground pool with a deck around it. They had a couch, recliner and a love seat, for their deck chairs! :shock: The second time we came thru the area a year later I watched for it but they took it all down. Guess the living room furniture might have gotten too heavy in the rain??? :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts