Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
New to the VTX but lifetime rider. Just bought an 02 1800C with 30k miles. All stock except for Cobra pipes and a K/N. Plan on a fuel controller over the winter. Thanks for the add...
ladrox63

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
As was stated in another recent post, replace your fuel pressure regulator unless you know it's been done already. They fail on all 1800's from age, not high miles. Welcome from New Mexico

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA!

Many maintenance items to take care in the winter.
Go to Step by Step board.
Ground fix, FPR, Starter switch cleaning, brake & clutch fluid, etc.
Some items (brake bleeding) have a very specific procedure.

Another source of info> https://tech.bareasschoppers.com/brakes/bleeding-brakes-vtx-1800/
FPR and many other things

·
Registered
1,706 Posts

·
Old Goat
25,157 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA!

Many maintenance items to take care in the winter.
Go to Step by Step board.
Ground fix, FPR, Starter switch cleaning, brake & clutch fluid, etc.
Some items (brake bleeding) have a very specific procedure.

Another source of info> https://tech.bareasschoppers.com/brakes/bleeding-brakes-vtx-1800/
FPR and many other things

The FPR subject again.
Is there any way to physically see if the FPR has been replaced?
I bought my 2003 1800s in 2010 when it had 14k miles, I am now on 92k, and hope to make it to at least 100k this year.
I have had no problems whatsoever with my FPR, could this mean it already has been replaced, or am I just lucky?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome from North-Eastern KY!

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
The FPR subject again.
Is there any way to physically see if the FPR has been replaced?
I bought my 2003 1800s in 2010 when it had 14k miles, I am now on 92k, and hope to make it to at least 100k this year.
I have had no problems whatsoever with my FPR, could this mean it already has been replaced, or am I just lucky?
The FPR fails with age, not miles. The 02/03 models started failing in large numbers in 2013, at about 10 years of age. Yours may have been replaced before you got it but it should probably be replaced again in the coming year or two - sort of preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey welcome from central New Mexico. Enjoy, there's lots of beautiful riding in Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Welcome to the VTXASG (VTX Addition Support Group) .... where we gladly support each other's addiction. :D

It seems like you picked the right medication for your addiction. :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts