Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 05 VTX1300C so I’m here to get some help along the way. So far I like the bike but I do want to install a set of apes just noticed that the ricers on the bike are a bit wide and tall any suggestions or good advice as far as fitting them on the bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Risers & bars are all in one on the "C" ...You will need a aftermarket set of risers..Or ones of a f/s model....If you get aftermarket you will need to enlarge the holes in the triple tree...They are 12mm....aftermarket risers are 1/2"....Only takes a couple of min to do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you are interested, I have a set of stock risers off my R. They will bolt on your bike with no alteration. They are in great shape.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Risers & bars are all in one on the "C" ...You will need a aftermarket set of risers..Or ones of a f/s model....If you get aftermarket you will need to enlarge the holes in the triple tree...They are 12mm....aftermarket risers are 1/2"....Only takes a couple of min to do.
The bike came with aftermarket handlebars and risers but I got a set of 12” apes that are a bit narrow on the bottom side where the risers are attached to so I order a plate that will allow me to reposition the risers closer to each other to be able to use the apes I’ve got

·
Old Goat
25,398 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts