Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the VTX world, I got a 2008 VTX 1800t with 4,400 miles, it had set for a while, I tore it down cleaned the tank all lines fuel pump housing and installed a new fuel pump, bleed new Dot 4 through the brakes front and back same on the clutch, new full synthetic oil, Wix oil filter, and new rear end oil Bel Ray 80w-90 Hypoid gear oil, I ordered a set of switch back light for the front turn signals, oh I forgot I took the turn signal switch out and cleaned and regressed it and it is like brand new, doing all of this my self I have saved a ton of money, most ideas came fro people in groups like this, the guy who told me how to clean out my gas tank told me to join this group, I paid 1,800. for the bike and with the new fuel pump, oils and cleaners I have about a hundred in that but with the tag being out since 2014 and title and tax it will be 484.00 and I need to replace the front tire (has some dry rott cracks) so I don't trust it, thanks for letting me join the group and I hope to learn more tips and will love to share the tips I have already gotten, I just love to ride this bike and think it is so beautiful.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Welcome, from Tucson. Awesome price on that "T". Nice DIY list.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome from north of the 49th
Yes, you got a great deal, indeed!
Looking forward to seeing photos when you’re able to post.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Welcome to the addiction Rick, from east Texas. Sounds like you got a big jump on the maintenance.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome to the VTXASG (VTX Addition Support Group) .... where we gladly support each other's addiction. :D

The way you describe it sounds like you found a great deal on your new addiction and are taking care of it very well. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome from SoCal.....Sun Diego......usually great riding weather here 365......

RickerRocker,

How about a pic......we like pics.....

Also, just a suggestion...post your location and what yr & model you have in your signature.....

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Welcome from the Dallas area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts