Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, want to introduce myself, just got my VTX, 05 Candy red C model. I have been looking at this board for a while and you all seem friendly and helpful. Maybe When I get a few more miles under my belt I can hook up with some of you for a ride. Take care, be safe :lol:
Just one question. It seems most people take the stock exhaust off and put on aftermarket pipes, do any of you keep the stock stuff on???
Just curious.

·
Registered
819 Posts
WaynoVTX said:
Hello everyone, want to introduce myself, just got my VTX, 05 Candy red C model. I have been looking at this board for a while and you all seem friendly and helpful. Maybe When I get a few more miles under my belt I can hook up with some of you for a ride. Take care, be safe :lol:
Just one question. It seems most people take the stock exhaust off and put on aftermarket pipes, do any of you keep the stock stuff on???
Just curious.
WELCOME A-board :!: no....no-one keeps their exhaust stock...well, not many. i think the philosophy is if u wanted a quiet motor, you would own an inline 4 or a goldwing. v-twins sound so darn good, you really need to enhance the volume & definition.

keep an eye open for Two Wheel Tuesdays (TWT). Every Tuesday at 7pm...locations rotate from North to South. Last TWT was in Plainfield, so expect the next one to be back up your direction.

Above all....enjoy the best made v-twin on the market.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Welcome WaynoVTX to a great family.
It seems most people take the stock exhaust off and put on aftermarket pipes, do any of you keep the stock stuff on???
Had mine on for a long time and just switced mine out. It's a matter of choice to keep what you have or go for a different "look". Keep what you have untill you see something you really like the looks of. Our sponser, HDL, has some great deals and a good sale once in awhile. Keep your eyes peeled. Lots to check out.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Welcome welcome welcome. Its a great place to be, but you will find that out soon.

·
Super Moderator
63,768 Posts
Welcome to the board!
Bookmark this website, http://tech.vtxoa.com This is the sister site to this message board and contains all your How-to/Tips/Tricks/Why’s and links to other helpful sites for your new VTX.
There is also a helpful red Search icon at the top of every page(not the Google search). Enter your item to be searched in the "Search Query" section and click the "Search for all terms" bullet under the query. Then go to the "Search Options" section and choose a board from the "Forum" drop down menu. This will limit the results to your search so you won't get pages of "Fluff" .

The pupose of the "Search" is to offer a member the opportunity to research his/her question better. There is so much information from past threads that you may never see because that member is no longer here, or doesn't see your new post, or just won't respond to the same question. So use it to your advantage and enjoy the board! View this funny and informative film about posting and searching…
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

Also, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum. At the top of every board there are threads that are tagged as "Sticky" These threads are "Sticky" because they contain very important/valuable information about the VTX and everyone should read them.
The thread at the top of the 1800 tech board called, "Air, Fuel, Motors..." will answer most of the performance questions...
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28918

Also, update your Profile to include what type X you have to your Signature line. I.E. 1300/1800/C/F/N/R/S.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Yes some people do keep their stock pipes on. I did the Riley mod and the pipe sounds awesome, deep and booming. Changed out for the performance of the Muzzys. But I still have the boomcan and will use it again someday.

Welcome aboard and hope you can make the April 30th ride to Bloomington IL, 12 noon at Damon's.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Welcome to the best dam board ever 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
What is a stock exhaust??? I never heard of such a thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome aboard, Wayno.
Only change your pipes is if you want a different (louder) sound. If you like flying in stealth mode, keep 'em. Or maybe you want the sonic boom.

PS Neighbors love that :wink:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I did the "Clayton" Mod on my Stock and I liked it but I wanted more bite. If you are looking to try something cheap, I still have my modified stock exhaust that I will give you. My wife wants it out of the house. I have an '04 C 1300

1 - 14 of 14 Posts