Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my bonus coming this month I'm trying to plan on the mod I want to get done first. I think I'm going to go with new bars. Now here starts my dilemma.

I'm not that tall of a guy (5'7) and when I ride I have to lean forward to the handlebars. This doesn't allow me to take advantage of the beautiful full Ultimate X Lowboy setup I bought last year. I'd love to actually feel my backrest.

I wanted to get a taller handlebar (maybe around 14") and have it come back far enough so that I can lean back but without looking odd. By odd I'm referring to the new handlebars not being in line with the front forks. I wasn't sure how it would look with the bars leaning toward me.

While browsing through searches on here, I've found bikes that maintain the line with the front forks and other where the bars lean slightly forward of the line with the front forks. But none that angle back toward the rider.

Maybe I just need some arm extensions.

Hopefully, someone has seen this before and can offer some ideas.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I approached the same problem by buying a set of stock bars from an R model here on the board. Check the difference out at the site Spike reffered you to. The pullback makes a big difference. Be aware that if you change the bars very much you will have to change the front brake line. I managed to get enough from the original brake line not to require a change with the R bars by taking the line out of the routing clips near the steering stem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You don't have to change out the cables for the 6" Aeromachs on the Neos/work just fine (and for the less vertically challenged crowd they're wickedly good swung around 180 degrees; arms up and out in a horizontal plane, just not quite as "up" as apes)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've just purchased the Aeromach's and would like to know what torque is required for the installation? Also, any hints or things to what for during the install?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
272 Posts
BilltheDiver said:
I approached the same problem by buying a set of stock bars from an R model here on the board. Check the difference out at the site Spike reffered you to. The pullback makes a big difference. Be aware that if you change the bars very much you will have to change the front brake line. I managed to get enough from the original brake line not to require a change with the R bars by taking the line out of the routing clips near the steering stem.
Ditto on changing to R bars - made a HUGE difference in comfort level for me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
bars

I have the 6 inch aeromach risers and r bars on my c. Had to change out the front brake hose with one from a valkerie(sp) everything else worked fine

devil

·
Registered
425 Posts
^ inch risers on my Neo with no cable swap needed & it makes a GREAt swept back comfortable ride! I am 5'10".

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
mgw12 said:
^ inch risers on my Neo with no cable swap needed & it makes a GREAt swept back comfortable ride! I am 5'10".
Matt, a few questions: you stay w/ the stock Neo bars? What brand risers? If you did it yourself, any tips? Have any pics?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
425 Posts
BillF said:
mgw12 said:
Matt, a few questions: you stay w/ the stock Neo bars? What brand risers? If you did it yourself, any tips? Have any pics?

Thanks,
Bill
Vey easy to do. I used 6 inch Aeromach risers . Pretty easy to do I had someone help me hold the bars. Lay a towel..actually big blankets on the tank & go for it. :wink: :D .......The cables on the Neo will take that riser...mine did as I was told by another "Neo" (best VTX :wink: & C 8) Liest ! ) Rider. :lol: 8)

The "only" issue I stuggled with a little bit is that the right cables rest agains the tank when turning the front all the way to the right I think!?? :oops: :oops: heh-heh! Honestly If I were you you should go for it & see what you think! At least you will be riding it & then if you feel it is something you can't live with(I could & I take great care with all my goods!) then Spend all that money you have on longer cables! :wink: :lol: Once you put the risers on you will love it. I did notice a little difference in turning the bike but after about 3 mins I forgot how it was at stock!...If your back & shoulders & arms a hurting YOU WILL LOVE THE RELAXED POSITION YOU WILL HAVE ONCE YOU MAKE THE UPGRADE!...LAter & sorry about no pics here I will send you a pm with a pic if I can find them!.LATER! .I did not buy them here this was I link I found when I googled it. I do not remember who I bought them from or how much I paid!...Hope I helped a little!
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/mer ... e=AM-3490P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.