Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the highest handlebars that will fit with my stock risers, with all my stock hoses and wires, and cables. I have a nice set of 12" apes and would like to install them, if they would just fit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a 04, 1300S and I put a set of 4" risers on my bike. Everything is stock - handle bars, cables, brake line, and with that, turning the bike all the way, (both right & left) puts no un-do strain on all off that. That 4" riser is all that I would be able to go with everything stock. After that I would have to change cables/hoses, etc.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
No help ,other than to say Ive often thought. My bike could benefit using 12” apes....keep us informed....good luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do a trial fit next week. I have a set of 3" turn back risers on now with a 1" spacer under them,and I have lots of room in the wires and brake line,and cables,so they just might fit. I will keep posted. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Im runing 12" apes with a stock riser off a r on my c and everything fit besides the front brake line. But i took one off of a wreaked 600 shadow and it worked like a dream and my bike has never been more comfortable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts