Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks...

Going through the multiple sites and catalogs, I have been on the prowl for a set of Highway Bard / Engine Guard for my 2006 VTX1300 Retro. I've done some research and haven't really been satisfied with some of the results. So I am turning to you all here to get some honest advice.

I've read that the Cobra Fatty Bars are very nice but sometimes get in the way of the foot-brake controls and toe shifter. Other folks sat that it comes so low that they will scrape the ground on turns.

:confused:

I'm not 100% sold on the fatty bars, but if anyone has some expereince with highweay bars or ahve some bike pics with them, what seems to be a good looking and good functioning set of bars that won't interfere with foot controls or are too low or too difficult to line up to the frame.

Any ideas, comments and war stories welcome!

-MikeA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hgwy Bars

Mike, i went thru the same thing. i have a 2007 VTX 1300R. Finally went with Kuryakyn engin guards with built in flip highway pegs. I am 6' tall and long legged. These are a bit high but if you like to stretch out they are very kool the are cut to avoid hitting the ground on leans. I have had about a week but really like them i think they look great too. pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the Lindby highway bars and love them good support and looks. I scrape the floorboards and never come close to the bars hope this helps

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lindby Linbars

+1 on the Lindbys.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, the Lindby bars are great. I replaced the o-rings with their rubber footrest, which gives me comfort in putting my legs up in comfort. :popcorn:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I like the Lindby bars too. They look great! I had a problem with the distance to the highway (peg/footrest) being a little to far away. Had to get something that had a little more area for highway pegs and put on Kury Long Horn Dualies so I could move the peg closer in.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I purchased some National Cycle model P4011 from Ebay for 150.00. I really like them on my 05' 1300S. I've been working on the "ride like the pro's" manuvers without any trouble so they have good clearance. Goodluck

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I swear by the fatty bars. I've been down once with a set, and they did their job perfectly, saved the bike, my leg (and my a$$). My boards scrape first, not sure how people have these mounted and the bars scrape before the boards?!?!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
:agree:with Jef, they will save your bike and your azz! I have no issues with the Fatties scraping or interfering with my foot controls on my 07 Retro. Maybe the C models have issues??:dontknow:

·
Registered
42 Posts
engine guards/crash bars

i bought cobras off ebay. didnt buy the fatties as more accessories fit standard size than new size. i like the looks of cobras too. easy on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all

Lots fo great advice...

I think I'm still not sold on the Fatty Bars though, but the feedback is great.

I like the look of the Linby bars with the foot rest mount on the top of the bar. I am only 5'6" and won't need to stretch out - this is for safety first; looks second.

To Scrappy... I actually stared to lean towards the NC Paladians... do you have a pic to share with me and the rest of the post on how it looks? I want to compare that look to the Linby.

Thanks again to all - you ROCK!!!!

-MikeA

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the Paladins and know from first hand experince they saved my bike at a 50 mph slide.Bike faired a lot better then I did.Have no problems with them scrapping.
Willy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the kuryakyn bars on my 1300c and mounted a set of piaa light on the bottom make a big difference at night and it's nice to be seen.

Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts