Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a set of highway bars/engine guard/crash bars for my f,but i have jardine forwards and i am not sure if they will mount up.Anyone have Jardines and highway bars on their f.Need pics please.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
i can not say if what i did will work on the jardine forwards or not , i put a set of teh kuryakin highway cruise pegs on . they worked great on the 1800 mile trip to the gathering

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am really hoping to get a set of engine guards/crash bars cause i can mount some Kury cruise mounts on them,but i think i am SOL on this cause i have searched high and low with no luck.I have seen bars for my F,but i cannot tell how some of them are mounted on the bottom,and because the Jardines pushed everything forawrd,i don't want to take the chance of ordering something that i can't use.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xuma,Those bars may fit,but i don't think it will leave any room for my feet.My shifter and brake are about 8" to 9" above that lower mounting bolt for the bars and that is just about where the bars start to make their bend back outward.I am just gonna wait and see if anyone has any bars and controls already mounted.I would hate to spend a few hundred bucks and not be able to use them.It sure would be nice if Jardine had something,since it is their controls that moved everything forward.I like the look of engine guards and it also gives you an alternate place to rest the feet.I will keep searching and searching in the galleries and just maybe i will find what i am looking for.Thanks for taking the time to pass the link.Do you know anyone that has those Hepco-Becker bars ??.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
I don't think your going to find what your looking for. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but after 3 years on the board I haven't seen it yet. I have been wrong before, but please don't tell my wife I said that :wink: :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The MC Enterprises engine guard for the VTX 1800 C model
probably comes farther forward at the bottom than any
of the other engine guards that I have seen.

My bike is a 2003 VTX1800 C model with Retro fenders installed,
and a few other goodies to make it a bit different.

I have some photos posted on other posts in this forum,
and will post them again here for you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coyote7864 now your talking.I think they just might fit.I am going for a two day ride with the wife and when i get back i will take a few measurements and maybe you can also.I appreciate you posting those pics.I just realized one reason why i did not have a lot of luck searching is because i was searching for F bar/guards and a lot on manufacturers do not have the F in their vocabulary yet.Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts