Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Nope never seen one, wanted them for a year waiting then they stuck them on the freaking floorboards....

went to engine gaurds love em now hated them before I had them.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Try these, I use them and they work GREAT without cluttering up your front end. Maybe a little pricey, but Rivco products are worth it.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=777&str=11&ID=466309897

p.s. Over 40 different mounting positions are what allowed me to use these with the HK 3" pipes and the Rivco Air horns. They are adaptable to ANY pipes you use and will adjust around other accessories.

·
Registered
488 Posts
never did like anything that I found - until I came across some pegs from MC. Got my hands on a set only to find out that they ONLY fit with stock pipes...

So I ended up making my own...going to pick them up from the chromer this weekend.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lindy Bars are 8)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Went with the rivco, they work great.
One bonus with them if you are tall (I'm 6'5") they will still work with the L&R extreme forwards. I added the offset extended pegs.
They work great for me..
Jeff

·
Registered
949 Posts
Close up pix?

4inchpistons said:
Try these, I use them and they work GREAT without cluttering up your front end. Maybe a little pricey, but Rivco products are worth it.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=777&str=11&ID=466309897

p.s. Over 40 different mounting positions are what allowed me to use these with the HK 3" pipes and the Rivco Air horns. They are adaptable to ANY pipes you use and will adjust around other accessories.
Any chance of a post of close-up pix showing the mount area (i.e., downtube) and then an aerial view showing how you've got your pegs positioned relative to controls?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. The Rivco's look good. I've seen those on other bikes before but never knew the maker.

I'll be ordering a set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One other question.

Do I have to use the Rivco pegs or can you mount any Kuryakyn pegs on this mount?

·
Registered
827 Posts
4inchpistons said:

I've had my Rivco's for about two years and love them. A little pricey but a good product for the money.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
txGump said:
One other question.

Do I have to use the Rivco pegs or can you mount any Kuryakyn pegs on this mount?
Any 'male' pegs or 'female' pegs with a male adapter.

One other note, I found I had to tighten the highway pegs onto the frame every few months for the first year. Haven't needed to tighten them since.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Re: Close up pix?

Oly-X said:
Any chance of a post of close-up pix showing the mount area (i.e., downtube) and then an aerial view showing how you've got your pegs positioned relative to controls?
I'll try to post some but give it a week. I don't own a digital camera and, although my daughter's fiance' takes great pics, it takes him forever to email them to me. :?

·
Registered
389 Posts
4inchpistons wrote:
One other note, I found I had to tighten the highway pegs onto the frame every few months for the first year. Haven't needed to tighten them since.
I found the same thing with my rivco mounts.
I also added a kury peg..
I have a pretty good pic but can't get it to post, I'll try a link..

They look high in the pic but really don't feel high. In fact I rest my heel on the running board quite a bit, with the rest of my foot on the highway peg..
Jeff

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Retro Dresser said:
These are made by Kuryakun with "Switch Blade" pegs. I love them.
Those only give you an extra 3 or 4 inches and the posture is reminiscent of a woman in the stirrups. :x

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hwy pegs

If you are under 6' as I am, I suggest the Aeromach peg that bolts onto the floorboard. I love mine and they look good as well.

Early Times

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.