Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon, folks. Hope everyone's new year is off to a good start. Just a quick question: I just took delivery of a set of HK 3" Big Straights that I purchased from a fellow forum member (thanks, supra1!) for my '05 1800S. I'm going to mount them just as soon as my "Y" bracket comes in. It promises to be a pretty straightforward operation, but I just wanted to know if anyone who's installed them has any useful tips.
Already know about the 17 ft/lbs at the cylinders and the blue loktite on the bracket bolts. Any additional tips would be appreciated!
I humbly and patiently await the avalanche of technical expertise that I know is forthcoming...:bowdown:
P.S. If it matters, PCIII and Kury Pro Hypercharger have been previously installed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Be sure to cover the top portion of the clutch cover with a couple layers of tape since these pipes are very awkward to install by yourself. It will save you the heartbreak of scratching the crXp out of the cover. Then remove the bolts that hold the brake pedal and the right floor board and let them hang down which will allow you more room. When you start the install don't tighten the exhaust bolts until you get the pipes mounted to the bracket (one at a time) then take your time and slowely tighten everything up to ensure a good fit.
Hope this helps.
Gov's1800R

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Be sure to cover the top portion of the clutch cover with a couple layers of tape since these pipes are very awkward to install by yourself. It will save you the heartbreak of scratching the crXp out of the cover. Then remove the bolts that hold the brake pedal and the right floor board and let them hang down which will allow you more room. When you start the install don't tighten the exhaust bolts until you get the pipes mounted to the bracket (one at a time) then take your time and slowely tighten everything up to ensure a good fit.
Hope this helps.
Gov's1800R
Excellent advice. Had help with mine but dropping the floorboard will help a ton. If you need instructions to help,

http://www.hardkrome.com/installation/45-2840B_INSTR.pdf

Don't forget the most important thing..............ear plugs for long rides. Around town they are great. I rode 40 min. to work and they drove me to sell them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts