Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of u that have Hardkrome 3" on there bikes tell me how u like them i have heard that they melt the krome side covers on the 1300r is this true.Is there any thing else i should know before i get a set. And will i have to rejet. Thank all of u in advance :!:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the HK 3" pipes
Yes they are loud.
Yes they are hotter than the stock pipes.
No, they did not damage any of the plastic pieces.
Yes, I had to rejet.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
HK 3's

I have the HK 3's and love them on my Black Retro. I ordered my set after the heat shield retrofit so they had the heatshields welded in place. I have not experienced the melting of the cover. But I think you run that risk if you don't rejet because they will run hotter if the bike isn't jetted properly. Some here will disagree, they will tell you that you don't need to rejet if you add only the pipes. I will tell you that if you add a K&N filter and rejet with the pipes you will like the performance boost. I have since added the Baron's Big Air Kit and this thing is a ROCKET!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have them, but did not have to rejet. They are HOT. Hubby burned his leg. His bad, he was wearing shorts. Loud and lovely.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been riding with my Hk's for over a year and a half and have had no problems. These do have the new heat shields in place so there is no melting of the side panels. They might be a little hotter, but I think thats because the top pipe rides closer to you leg than the stock pipes did and youre gonna notice it more. I thought the VTX engine put off alot of heat anyway. Its nothing to be concerned with at all. I did not rejet and so far have had no reason to. Bike runs perfect and is quite a bit louder than stock! I have no regrets on buying these pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts